PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Tolch
24th October 2014, 09:40 PM
Hello to all. Purchased my third patrol start of this year. Done extensive touring all parts of Australia. Driving experience includes two SA state rally championships going back about 25 years ago. Bit like riding a bike - you never forget how to do it; but age makes you slower!! Built my own rally cars and taken that knowledge to my patrols. My working life has been in the electrical industry which has also been very handy when it comes to kitting my 4x4's. Having said this I don't pretend to have all the answers and look to others for new ideas. I have been a member of VKS737 in the past but considering joining again. Still have my Barrett radio (fitted to the new one of course!). Hope I can be of assistance to others but have my own questions that I hope others can answer. Cheers, Tolch

MEGOMONSTER
24th October 2014, 09:46 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

DX grunt
24th October 2014, 09:49 PM
G'day Tolch

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Where you from?

I'm also VKS 737 ...Mobile 3748. Been a member for a couple of years now and love it. Great service, and as you know, not always perfect reception. lol.

I'm 55 and have an ex Telstra 4.2 TDi ute/pod, and it's fitted with a Codan NGT AR, with a auto tune whip. How lazy is that? lol.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Clunk
24th October 2014, 10:21 PM
Welcome aboard mate

growler2058
24th October 2014, 10:41 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

Stropp
25th October 2014, 12:28 AM
Hello and welcome aboard the forum tolch, sounds like a good background for 4x4 ing mate, enjoy your time on the forum.

AB
25th October 2014, 06:55 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

JoeG
25th October 2014, 07:00 AM
Hi Tolch
Sounds like some of us will be picking your brains for radio info
Lots of good Patrol info here
Enjoy
Joe

threedogs
25th October 2014, 07:12 AM
Hi Tolch and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime you like and enjoy

my third 256
25th October 2014, 08:27 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

TazManiac
25th October 2014, 03:31 PM
From one new member to another, welcome. Hope to get more involved myself.

Sherro
26th October 2014, 10:22 AM
G'day Tolch welcome to the forum mate.

Dhuck
26th October 2014, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Tolch
27th October 2014, 07:34 PM
Thanks to all. Glad to know I'm among others with the same interests. Hope I can be of assistance and contribute to the forum.

Tolch
27th October 2014, 07:42 PM
Hi Rossco. Live just out of Inglewood South Aussie. On 46 acres with a selection of animals (both native and the eating kind). It's been a while since my VKS membership expired. I'll need to get my radio re-programmed with the latest channels but I can still listen in to the network if I need to. You're right; great service and a real peace of mind knowing that you can (sometimes with the help of relays) get word out if you're in need. The bases are always very helpful and run by a great group of people who do give a lot of time to ensure the success of the network. Worth every dollar it costs (which isn't much).

Tolch

snorkelpatrol
9th November 2014, 11:32 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's a very usefull information base
Go Patrol
Patrol=Control
Mick