PDA

View Full Version : New owner of a 08 GU PATROL 3.0l crd

Dylany61
24th October 2014, 09:15 PM
Hey guys/girls my name is Dylan I purchased a 2008 DX GU patrol today and I'm just wondering what are decent upgraded intercoolers and Turbo back exhaust and would it require a tune? I want it to be as safe as possible, would anyone recommend putting the NADS kit in?

Clunk
24th October 2014, 09:41 PM
Welcome aboard Dylan.......... Have a look here for some very informative posts from the Evil Twin regarding nads on crds........ http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=549507

kevin07
24th October 2014, 10:22 PM
Welcome aboard Dylan.......... Have a look here for some very informative posts from the Evil Twin regarding nads on crds........ http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=549507

gday Dylan and welcome I would definately nad your motor. but my advice is put a 2 3/4 inch not the 3" no one is having boost issues with 2 3/4 and some are now if you run the 3" exhaust and yes you can fix it adjusting the turbo actuator and or a dawes and needle but hey that's just extra work. your motor will love you if you bl.ock the egr. it will love you more if you add a provent catch can. But first things first get you boost and egt gauges ready for install so you can see whats happening.

growler2058
24th October 2014, 10:28 PM
Gday Dylan welcome aboard mate.

MEGOMONSTER
24th October 2014, 10:48 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Stropp
25th October 2014, 01:29 AM
Welcome Dylan, I support the idea of getting nads done too, can't be too carefull.

threedogs
25th October 2014, 08:49 AM
Hi Dylan and welcome to the forum enjoy.
Mods can you move this to the intros please

Dylany61
26th October 2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks for your reply guy's I'm keen to spend a bit of money on it :)

Beni C
31st October 2014, 04:10 PM
I havent bothered with a full blown NADS kit on my 08 CRD Dylan but I def recommend Scanguage, EGR block and Provent 200 as first mods which is what I did. As mine was stock as a rock next went in all the capability stuff, lift kit, wheels, tyres, duel battery, snorkel, winch bar, spotties, winch, recovery points etc.

Next on the list is all the performace gear, exhaust, intercooler upgrade, new scoop, guages and a DP Chip. I want to put all that stuff in at the same time so I can get it tuned up once rather than having to gog back and forth after each upgrade.

Dont forget to start a thread in the Rides section so we can see the progress of your beast!!!