PDA

View Full Version : PMC up-date!

PMC
23rd October 2014, 03:39 PM
G’day Lounge Lizards,

I am sorry for not been an active participant on the forum for the last couple of months. Since I got into remission two months ago, I have been flat-out with catching up with my life again!

Literally, I have been flat-out like a lizard drinking with ex-service/veterans claims and getting up at 4.30am every morning taking my 13 year old daughter to her 5.00am to 7.00am swim squad training and then to her 4.00pm to 6.00pm swim squad training.

At the same time I have been flat out trying to organise media and members in my area to set-up a coffee meet and greet place for ex-servicemen and women.
Finally, after reading our story on the new Veterans’ coffee club in Saturday’s local newspaper and on the local news, I looked forward to the officially kick off our new idea on Tuesday just gone.

It had been a 3 and a half year journey for me with my own personal health issues and with so many of our Veterans suffering from various psychological illnesses in and around the Coffs Harbour area, I just had to do something to help these folks!

However trendsetters, PTSD are not just confined to our ex-military personnel but also our Ambulance service, Firefighters and Police force members as well. This is the main reason for why I decided I had to do something for my community.

On Tuesday our new drop in coffee club was an absolute success, I would like to personally thank everyone that turned up and secondly I was stunned by how many attended from 9.30 to 12.30pm. Just as I was about to leave at 11.45am 5 more folks turned up. A total of 30 attended. I also received e-mails and phone calls from 10 other folks who had to pull out at the last minute, however they advised me that they will be in attendance at future meetings.

I was stunned by the generous offer made by one of our Veterans that gave me a cheque for a thousand dollars. Has advised, those monies donated towards the coffee club!

PS, hopefully now, I can participate with the forum again!

Kind regards,

PMC
:cheers:

Sir Roofy
23rd October 2014, 03:44 PM
Congrats on the coffee club mate,looking forward to your yarns again

Stropp
23rd October 2014, 06:59 PM
gday Paul, good to see you out and about mate, the coffee club is excellent and my neice on your advice went to one in melbourne and she loves it, just the atmophere and knowing she can talk with others who have gone thru similar things. she also went on the womens vets trek to the flinders ranges and that was very positive for her.. cheers mate for your efforts and im so glad you are back into life as it should be :)

TPC
23rd October 2014, 07:07 PM
Great work with the coffee club Paul, sounds like a top idea.
I know what it like with taking kids to swim squad training, all 3 of my kids did it when they were younger, i hope your daughter does well with it.

NP99
23rd October 2014, 09:17 PM
Well done Paul :) how are you fitting in with the floral arranging workshop? Mate, it's people like you that help our Vets so much......big thanks to you mate.... Cheers Shane.

cgm
23rd October 2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks Paul, for giving us a positive update! So good to see that you're feeling up to getting back into the community and achieving things. Good stuff.

PMC
23rd October 2014, 10:24 PM
G'day folks,

Thanks for your kind comments!

Your humble servant!

PMC

93patrol
23rd October 2014, 10:53 PM
Great work champ.

With all of your great work around your community you should get some sort of recognition imo

By the way when are we going to see this 4.8 build thread??

DX grunt
24th October 2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the info, Paul.

Sometimes, it's the quiet achievers that plod along, that get the best results.

Well done, bro.

Take care out there.

Rossco

PMC
24th October 2014, 09:39 AM
Great work champ.

With all of your great work around your community you should get some sort of recognition imo

By the way when are we going to see this 4.8 build thread??

G'day 93patrol,

I am hoping to have my GU 4.2 diesel patrol wagon ready for sale in the next two weeks, hopefully by then I will be chasing up a TI GU 4.8 auto wagon.

Regards,

Paul

mudnut
24th October 2014, 12:13 PM
Onya, Paul. You certainly aren't content to sit still when you can help others. I hope your sale of the 4.2 goes well. Looking forward to seeing the new build thread and a couple more ripping yarns too.

lucus30
24th October 2014, 03:10 PM
Looking forward to seeing the 4.8 build thread mate also looking forward to meeting you. Spewing i missed you last time at the Geelong/Otaway meet