PDA

View Full Version : What size lift should I put in?

p_irving87
22nd October 2014, 10:25 AM
G'day, I'm sure this topic had been done a million times already so if anyone can link me to a thread or threads on it that would be great :) .. I just recently got a gq patrol and I'm pretty sure the front shocks are stuffed, so I'm thinking of putting in a lift kit, should I just stick with a 2" lift or what is involved in a 3" or 4" lift?...also I'd like to eventually put on 33" tyres so what lift is required for them? Cheers in advance :)

MudRunnerTD
22nd October 2014, 10:30 AM
Hi mate, a 2" lift is simple and easy and relatively cheap a swill handle a 33 with ease. It is also the largest legal lift you can fit. If in doubt stick with the 2" and drive pretty well anywhere your head thinks you can go.

Trust me a GQ with a 2" lift and 33s will go much further than your Head will. Enjoy

p_irving87
22nd October 2014, 10:34 AM
Yeah I was thinking the 2" would be the go, it's mainly just gonna be a tourer anyway? And if it fits 33s that's even better👍 thanks heaps mate :)

RubberDuckieGQ
22nd October 2014, 04:16 PM
I have a 2" ironman lift (good price!) and just got 33" muddies fitted easily.

Higher lifts have worse fuel economy too .. and (based on my.limited knowledge) I think you would need to have other stuff changed eg brake line extended. So costs a lot more overall