PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, another new member here

Majestic
21st October 2014, 02:44 PM
Hey all,

Just thought I would join up and say hi. About me, I'm 30 and have lived for 25 years in Newcastle, NSW. I still have a lot of family there however last year I wanted to get away from the city and so moved out to near Lithgow in NSW. I love it out here, in a small town of about 3,000 people.

I have previously own a DA Maverick about a decade ago, it was a petrol and so the reason I eventually got rid of her. Still it was my first true 4WD and I loved her. I replaced her with a Diahatsui Feroza II, say what you will they are solid little things and mine was only stock standard. When she eventually died and wasn't worth the money to fix I got a R31 Skyline only a make do car and after 6 months got rid of her and I got another R31 Skyline (TI this time) it was another make do car that lasted for another 3 or so years. We still have it, however it's going on the market.

Driving the Skyline's wasn't me and I itched to get back into a 4WD, mainly a Patrol.Last September I got a 1989 Diesel Patrol. I love my GQ. I haven't taken her 4WDing as of yet I got her for $5,000. She needed a little work as the previous owner didn't look after her too well after they got a new SUV. Still she was a bargin and is a good truck.

So that's a little about me, it's great to be here. :D

Stropp
21st October 2014, 02:46 PM
gday and welcome to the forum mate, plenty of good places up that way to get out.

growler2058
21st October 2014, 04:09 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

threedogs
21st October 2014, 04:32 PM
Hi mate and welcome look forward to some pics of your new Patrol, enjoy

Majestic
21st October 2014, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :D

Hi mate and welcome look forward to some pics of your new Patrol, enjoy

She is nothing special at the moment but she is mine which is all that matters. I have lots of plans for her but funds are the issue at the moment. Planning on doing a bit next year to her. The wife loves her too which is a bonus, she is selling her R31 Skyline and the money is going into the truck which should help. :D

Dhuck
21st October 2014, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
21st October 2014, 08:47 PM
gday mate, welcome aboard

MEGOMONSTER
21st October 2014, 09:38 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Majestic
21st October 2014, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys, some interesting topics I have already ran across. I even threw up my DIY UHF install in the DIY electronic section. The first of many DIY's I hope. :D

my third 256
22nd October 2014, 08:18 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard

AB
22nd October 2014, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Majestic
23rd October 2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I am sure I'll have many questions in the not too soon future. :D

Sherro
24th October 2014, 07:47 AM
G"day mate welcome to the forum.

Majestic
24th October 2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks Sherro. :D

TazManiac
25th October 2014, 04:33 PM
From one new member to another, welcome. Hope to get more involved myself.

I grew up in Newcastle myself. I'm about the same age too. Most of my family still live in the Port Stephens area so I visit quite a bit. Might catch up with you in the future.