PDA

View Full Version : Tool box tours

NP99
19th October 2014, 08:48 PM
If you do a you tube search for tool box tours, there's dozens of them, mainly guys show casing their snap on collection. I just think it's stupid showing the world what you have.....esp grubs doing their homework to case places...my shed doors face the street and I keep them closed all the time so on lookers don't want to pay a visit when I'm not home.

So, a question! Are your tools covered by your home insurance or stand alone tool insurance?

P4trol
19th October 2014, 10:27 PM
I haven't heard the term 'toolbox tour' before. I have seen a similar thing with pro camera gear though. Basically a pi$$ING contest.

Me? I'm a struggling to buy the basic tools I need. My collection is a bitzer. Sid chrome if I can. I skip the mechanic and sink the difference into tools. Insurance? It's either buy the tools, or the insurance.

megatexture
19th October 2014, 11:20 PM
My tools are covered but only because of my business cover if not I'd be relying on our home and contents and I'm sure they would find a loop hole

NP99
20th October 2014, 01:12 AM
My sons home contents don't cover his tools......I need to check my policy cover!