PDA

View Full Version : How to wire a GQ Patrol Windscreen wiper motor for my Gold Drywasher

gcause
19th October 2014, 07:04 PM
Hi All,

Just joined forum to see if I could get advice on how to wire up a GQ Patrol Windscreen Wiper motor.

I want to use it to power the bellows on the Drywasher I am building for my gold prospecting.

Need a wiring diagram to hook the wiper motor up to a 12V battery, a basic switch and 20A fuse.

Heres the Drywasher:

Heres the wiper motor I bought off gumtree for $20:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Grant

Yendor
19th October 2014, 11:12 PM
Hey mate.

I'm guessing you don't need to worry about the wiper motor self parking??

Connect the fuse holder with the 20amp fuse to the positive post of the battery. Run wire from fuse to switch then to wiper motor.

In the attached photo you will see the 6 pin plug of the wiper motor. The spot with the cross in it represents no wire.

The power wire from the switch needs to connect to the pin below the one with the cross in it. It's marked as LG in the diagram.

The earth wire can be connected to either (depending on what speed you want the wiper motor to go) the LG/R or LG/B these two pins are in the same row as the one with the cross in it.

Then connect the earth wire to the negative battery post.

Cheers Rodney

gcause
19th October 2014, 11:34 PM
Hey mate.

I'm guessing you don't need to worry about the wiper motor self parking??

Connect the fuse holder with the 20amp fuse to the positive post of the battery. Run wire from fuse to switch then to wiper motor.

In the attached photo you will see the 6 pin plug of the wiper motor. The spot with the cross in it represents no wire.

The power wire from the switch needs to connect to the pin below the one with the cross in it. It's marked as LG in the diagram.

The earth wire can be connected to either (depending on what speed you want the wiper motor to go) the LG/R or LG/B these two pins are in the same row as the one with the cross in it.

Then connect the earth wire to the negative battery post.

Cheers Rodney

Thanks for that Rodney it is greatly appreciated.

You are correct I don't need to worry about the self park.

I will give that a go I checked the pinout on the plug and its seems to match heres the plug and the wires going into it.

Wire colours are Black, Blue, Red, Red, Yellow and White

Front of plug:

Back of plug:

Wires going to Plug from motor:

gcause
19th October 2014, 11:41 PM
So from the diagram:
LG is Red;
OR is Yellow;
B is Black;
LG/R is Blue; and
LG/B is White.

Does that look right?

Yendor
19th October 2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah don't worry about the wire colours in the diagram. They are for the vehicle harness side.

The red will be the power from your switch. Then connect the earth to either the blue or the white wire.

gcause
19th October 2014, 11:50 PM
Ok thanks for that. :cheers:

Duke89
27th September 2017, 06:23 AM
Hey mate, in regards to the self park function. Is it possible to get the wiper motor to run in high and low speeds, including self park when switched off if you are only using carling style switches?