PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy cargo barrier for gq/gu

89gqpatrol4x4
15th October 2014, 07:25 PM
Hi guys, I am after a cargo barrier for the gq,

Apparently a gu one will fit so if you have one please let me know. Located Brisbane/ Ipswich area but will travel.

Thanks Rob

threedogs
16th October 2014, 05:32 PM
Bumped , measure it up as most might fit just different brackets used

megatexture
16th October 2014, 06:51 PM
Can you weld? I made mine for about 100-120 bucks

AB
16th October 2014, 06:58 PM
If you get no joy here for the sake of little effort try and find a gq one on eBay.

Gumtree as well and even message the blokes wrecking gq's.

Have your saved search and check daily.

One sold in vic the other day for $150 in good nick.

Only if your in no rush as it can take months.

Clunk
16th October 2014, 07:16 PM
The GU ones definitely fit, got one in the back of mine, just had to fart around with the brackets a wee bit to get them to fit where I wanted. Bit of drilling, bit of straightening, bit of bending...............

Try around some of the car hire places, they maybe getting rid of their fleet cars, so sometimes they pull the accessories out such as barriers, canvas seat covers etc, and sell them off cheap. Got mine from AVIS for $30 in very good condition over a year ago (advertised on Gumtree). They're out there, just gotta be quick.

Bloodyaussie
16th October 2014, 07:22 PM
Sean scored a gu one to fit into his gq almost new for less than $20 at a swap meet.. he will be happy to hear they fit.

89gqpatrol4x4
16th October 2014, 07:51 PM
ebay and gumtree, nothing, 4x4 swap trade sell (facebook) nothing, at least 10 wreckers nothing,

89gqpatrol4x4
16th October 2014, 07:52 PM
Can you weld? I made mine for about 100-120 bucks

Yes I can and I think I might have to! Any chance you can post a couple of pics so I can steel your idea's LOL

BigRAWesty
16th October 2014, 07:58 PM
Have seen an early model crummydoor one used to. Looked pretty good

BigRAWesty
16th October 2014, 08:00 PM
If you wanna weld a simple 25x25x2.5 shs and mesh.
If you do a full run a bar across the middle where you bend to follow the seats..

megatexture
16th October 2014, 08:31 PM
Yes I can and I think I might have to! Any chance you can post a couple of pics so I can steel your idea's LOL

Yep not a problem I'll gram some tonight for you, I did go a bit overboard on mine though lol

megatexture
16th October 2014, 09:23 PM
Hopefully you can see enough, as you can see I've got a few bracing bars, possibly more than needed lol
Also I accidentally put the mesh against the seats when I think it would be best putting the mesh inside the boot area

89gqpatrol4x4
17th October 2014, 01:12 AM
Looks good mega! Thanks heaps for the pictures.

no eye deer
21st October 2014, 08:07 PM
Depends how fussy you are (or how poor), but theirs a few other barriers that'll fit. Little or no work to fit them too. Mines a Magna one. Its a little low at the top, but that suits the fishing rods. Cost 20 bucks. EL wagon, and Commy wagon also easy fit.

Mark

GQ TANK
27th October 2014, 09:57 AM
I have a ef /el fitted to min gq - with sitting on the ground I have around 10 CM at the top clear - hand for the long fishing rods.

IIt was simple to fit used a couple of small bits of angle to mount it to the side of the wheel arches

clubbyr8
27th October 2014, 10:34 AM
Depends how fussy you are (or how poor), but theirs a few other barriers that'll fit. Little or no work to fit them too. Mines a Magna one. Its a little low at the top, but that suits the fishing rods. Cost 20 bucks. EL wagon, and Commy wagon also easy fit.

Mark

What model Magna and Commodore models fit without too much modification?

clubbyr8
31st October 2014, 03:26 PM
What model Magna and Commodore models fit without too much modification?

Anyone know????

Clunk
31st October 2014, 05:23 PM
Anyone know????

No idea mate..... Might be best to measure some up but I'd have to assume moat would fit with a bit of fettling