PDA

View Full Version : Smart Fuel Mixture Display for Fuel injected Cars

NP99
12th October 2014, 11:55 PM
Another gadget for the patrol..........This new ‘smart’ version has a few additional touches such as auto dimming for night driving, emergency lean-out alarm, and better circuit protection. Another great feature is the ‘advance’ display, which operates when the ECU is operating in closed loop. Closed loop means that the air/fuel ratio is optimum for fuel economy and emission performance. Kit supplied with PCB and all electronic components.
* Car must be fitted with air flow and EGO sensors (standard on all EFI systems) for full functionality.

jff45
13th October 2014, 12:18 AM
Actually they only work in closed loop because they connect to your narrowband sensor.

I built their 1st version some time back then installed a wideband sensor with a correct AFR gauge.
I'm sure I still have it lying around somewhere if you want it..

NP99
13th October 2014, 01:00 AM
Actually they only work in closed loop because they connect to your narrowband sensor.

I built their 1st version some time back then installed a wideband sensor with a correct AFR gauge.
I'm sure I still have it lying around somewhere if you want it..

Thanks John. When I fix that exhaust I'll take you up on it. I think the exhaust job is getting closer to the top of the job pile :)

jff45
13th October 2014, 09:26 AM
Shane, do you have an Ecutalk readout? They are by far the best investment. You can see what your O2 sensor is doing (within its narrowband range) along with a whole lot of other good info like battery, engine temp, injector duty, timing, etc..

NP99
13th October 2014, 11:12 AM
Shane, do you have an Ecutalk readout? They are by far the best investment. You can see what your O2 sensor is doing (within its narrowband range) along with a whole lot of other good info like battery, engine temp, injector duty, timing, etc..

No mate, I think I need to look into it. Cheers.