PDA

View Full Version : There's a tool for every job

NP99
11th October 2014, 09:59 PM
http://www.autotools.com.au/catalogue/product.php/1/AT1835

It never ceases to amaze me the variety of tools out there to perform a job. Some tools you would not use and adapt a method to solve the problem.

The door buzzer sanity tool :)

Fits most automotive vehicle applications with door jamb buzzer switch located by door hinges. Eliminates irratating door buzzer sound when performing service on vehicle with door open and ignition switch ON. Tool pushes on door jam switch and shuts buzzer OFF. High tension spring keeps consistent pressure on door jam switch. Fluorescent flag reminds user to remove tool before closing the door.

TPC
11th October 2014, 10:02 PM
http://www.autotools.com.au/catalogue/product.php/1/AT1835

It never ceases to amaze me the variety of tools out there to perform a job. Some tools you would not use and adapt a method to solve the problem.

The door buzzer sanity tool :)

Fits most automotive vehicle applications with door jamb buzzer switch located by door hinges. Eliminates irratating door buzzer sound when performing service on vehicle with door open and ignition switch ON. Tool pushes on door jam switch and shuts buzzer OFF. High tension spring keeps consistent pressure on door jam switch. Fluorescent flag reminds user to remove tool before closing the door.

$20, what a con.

lhurley
11th October 2014, 10:06 PM
When I read the title I instantly thought there was going to be a tony abbot joke in here.

NP99
11th October 2014, 10:07 PM
That's what I thought. If I thought hard enough, I'd have something that could do the trick...and have $20 for a 6 pack!

NP99
11th October 2014, 10:08 PM
When I read the title I instantly thought there was going to be a tony abbot joke in here.

No mate, tools are useful. :)

lhurley
11th October 2014, 10:11 PM
No mate, tools are useful. :)

Ah right. My mistake :p

NP99
11th October 2014, 11:45 PM
Just need to convince my wife that my screwdrivers are not wood chisels or paint stirrers....

jff45
12th October 2014, 09:07 AM
Just need to convince my wife that my screwdrivers are not wood chisels or paint stirrers....

I envy a guy who can get his wife to do the carpentry and painting around the house..

NP99
12th October 2014, 11:21 AM
I envy a guy who can get his wife to do the carpentry and painting around the house..

Can't stop her......she'd be perfect for those home Reno shows, just not with me :) the whole show would be one big beep.....