PDA

View Full Version : Caravan/Camping Show Melbourne

big_fletch
27th February 2011, 01:26 PM
:groupwave:
Anyone here going to the caravan and camping show this year down at Caulfield, VIC??
Thought i might put this up incase it had slipped peoples minds or didnt know about it..
Thursday March 10th to Tuesday March 15th..
Massive amount of stuff to see down there and i will def be going for a sticky beak..

Here's the web adress
http://www.caravanshow.com.au/

Sir Roofy
27th February 2011, 01:40 PM
We might bump into you there big fella i see its already marked on the calanda
think its planned for the first day tho

big_fletch
27th February 2011, 01:45 PM
Well you never know mate, might just see you there as not sure what day im planning to go yet..
Good to see you got home safe as well mate

Sir Roofy
27th February 2011, 01:54 PM
Was an easy drive home mate

Dark 1
27th February 2011, 09:50 PM
Wife & I are going down, we won't be there until the weekend. Getting pretty excited too as were hopefully putting a deposit on our new van. We will be in melbourne for about 5 days so would be interested in meeting any forum members likewise. Would have to meet in the cbd [ where we are staying] as we are flying in so won't have a vehicle.

AB
28th February 2011, 09:45 AM
I would like to go too...Most likely on the Saturday!

big_fletch
28th February 2011, 01:06 PM
Wife & I are going down, we won't be there until the weekend. Getting pretty excited too as were hopefully putting a deposit on our new van. We will be in melbourne for about 5 days so would be interested in meeting any forum members likewise. Would have to meet in the cbd [ where we are staying] as we are flying in so won't have a vehicle.

Hello a new van, what sort you looking at? off road model with all the bells and whistles?? lol

Dark 1
28th February 2011, 04:54 PM
Hello a new van, what sort you looking at? off road model with all the bells and whistles?? lol

23 Foot offroad Paramount classic, full ensuite with washing machine, triple solar, triple batts & all the other bells & whistles.
It will be our new home as we are semi-retiring next year YEEEE HAAAA!!

big_fletch
28th February 2011, 05:02 PM
23 Foot offroad Paramount classic, full ensuite with washing machine, triple solar, triple batts & all the other bells & whistles.
It will be our new home as we are semi-retiring next year YEEEE HAAAA!!

That sounds realli good, if your going to do it then do it right.. can't wait to see some pics of that though mate.. don't even wanna know what something like that is worth lol

Dark 1
28th February 2011, 05:52 PM
Yeh mate getting pretty excited.

AB
28th February 2011, 07:07 PM
Yeh mate getting pretty excited.

That sounds awesome!!!

Would love to see some pics inside and out if you get a chance mate!

Dark 1
28th February 2011, 08:46 PM
Were placing order for van at the show but will have to wait until around july for delivery.

big_fletch
28th February 2011, 08:51 PM
Were placing order for van at the show but will have to wait until around july for delivery.

ill bet will feel like forever mate lol

Dark 1
28th February 2011, 09:00 PM
Yep been trying to decide which van for the last 12 months mate, so it can't go any faster.

big_fletch
28th February 2011, 09:03 PM
Yep been trying to decide which van for the last 12 months mate, so it can't go any faster.

Well i hope all goes well for ya mate and there are no drama's!!

AB
12th March 2011, 07:30 AM
If anyone is going to this today then PM your number and we'll catch up.

I'm metting Kelvin (Tuf 42) at the show today so check out his new monster Van that he's about to buy.

I can't wait to see this puppy and I'll try to help out with the price haggling...lol

Leaving in a couple of hours...

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 08:38 AM
If anyone is going to this today then PM your number and we'll catch up.

I'm metting Kelvin (Tuf 42) at the show today so check out his new monster Van that he's about to buy.

I can't wait to see this puppy and I'll try to help out with the price haggling...lol

Leaving in a couple of hours...

Make sure you get some happy snaps to post - keen on seeing the taj mahal on wheels myself!!! LOL

AB
12th March 2011, 08:43 AM
Make sure you get some happy snaps to post - keen on seeing the taj mahal on wheels myself!!! LOL

Got the Iphone now mate so theyll be plenty of piccys..Takes awesome photos and vids these phones..

Bigrig
12th March 2011, 08:49 AM
Got the Iphone now mate so theyll be plenty of piccys..Takes awesome photos and vids these phones..

Too right - didn't realise how much better the new ones were until I got mine about a month ago .. looking forward to seeing it ... I'm imagining it's going to be like that scene from Loaded Weapon (the lethal weapon spoof with Emilio Estevez) where the outside looks like a normal old van and then they cut to the inside shot an it's HUGE with marble pillars an the like!!! LOL

big_fletch
12th March 2011, 09:52 AM
I won't be heading down to the show till Monday, anyone else going then??
the iphones cameras are brilliant now arnt they

AB
12th March 2011, 09:23 PM
What a day out!

Met up with Kelvin and the better half for a little bit. They were on a mission to buy the ultimate van and we didnt want to be following them around all day...lol

Here are some shots of the van that he "was" going to get...I loved it...It's better then my house...lol

But....We had to leave at 2pm as our baby had a melt down with the heat...Even Kelvin and his QLD shield of heat was breaking a sweat today.

I just got a pic message from the one he bought late in the afternoon and it wasnt this one but heres the pics anyway as this was one cool VAN!!!

Maybe Kelvin can show some pics and more info about his new purchase.

It was funny Kelvin turns up to the show to buy a 70k van and they asked us "what are you guys going to get today...lol....Well, we are after a $500 tent...lol...Ended up being no tents at the show, just campers, etc...Awesome day out....More pics to come!

P.S I told him that Scotty wanted me to take some pics of the Van so he may have lead me astray with another Van...lol

big_fletch
12th March 2011, 09:30 PM
What a day out!

Met up with Kelvin and the better half for a little bit. They were on a mission to buy the ultimate van and we didnt want to be following them around all day...lol

Here are some shots of the van that he "was" going to get...I loved it...It's better then my house...lol

But....We had to leave at 2pm as our baby had a melt down with the heat...Even Kelvin and his QLD shield of heat was breaking a sweat today.

I just got a pic message from the one he bought late in the afternoon and it wasnt this one but heres the pics anyway as this was one cool VAN!!!

Maybe Kelvin can show some pics and more info about his new purchase.

It was funny Kelvin turns up to the show to buy a 70k van and they asked us "what are you guys going to get today...lol....Well, we are after a $500 tent...lol...Ended up being no tents at the show, just campers, etc...Awesome day out....More pics to come!

P.S I told him that Scotty wanted me to take some pics of the Van so he may have lead me astray with another Van...lol

That is a freaking awesome looking van, some of these new vans are right off... some of the stuff in them is unbelievable these days...
Where is the pics of the van u bought AB LOL

AB
12th March 2011, 09:32 PM
Here's some random pics from the day....

I saw that exact Safari fire truck that I mentioned the other day...I swear It's the same one as it has Japanese/Chinese writing on the side...It was in Patrolaparts section.

AB
12th March 2011, 09:33 PM
P.s thats not my misses in that pic...I think I just startled some girl when I whipped out the camera...lol

big_fletch
12th March 2011, 09:34 PM
I can't wait to go on Monday now mate... I love this show, I go every year

Woof
12th March 2011, 09:49 PM
Hey AB what did you think of the Ozpig, looking at buying one very soon, saw them at the Woolorama today.

AB
12th March 2011, 10:15 PM
Hey AB what did you think of the Ozpig, looking at buying one very soon, saw them at the Woolorama today.

Look, I didn't mind it Doggy...I'm sure a lot of people would say, what a waste of money just throw a plate on the fire, etc but....It's neat, Its easy, it works!

And It's cheap cheap cheap....They were selling it for $280....Not bad really!

I wouldn't mind one in the shed actually...lol...The doggy house!!!

Woof
12th March 2011, 10:18 PM
Look, I didn't mind it Doggy...I'm sure a lot of people would say, what a waste of money just throw a plate on the fire, etc but....It's neat, Its easy, it works!

And It's cheap cheap cheap....They were selling it for $280....Not bad really!

I wouldn't mind one in the shed actually...lol...The doggy house!!!

Looked at one today at the Woolorama and looked great for $283, just asking around at the moment but will probably get one.

AB
12th March 2011, 10:29 PM
I can't wait to go on Monday now mate... I love this show, I go every year

Youve got to check out this van Fletch It's full on...I could easily sell the house and live out of that and just travel around!!!

Very comfy, spacious and stylish.

big_fletch
12th March 2011, 11:12 PM
Youve got to check out this van Fletch It's full on...I could easily sell the house and live out of that and just travel around!!!

Very comfy, spacious and stylish.

I will be having a look through a heap on Mon, as well as a few other little things

Dark 1
14th March 2011, 10:22 PM
Some photos of our new van we've ordered. The outside shots are a bit general ours is the same size ,shape ,colour but with hot dip gal chasis & bike & jerry can carriers added to drawbar. Inside shots are not quite accurate as we will have an all white walled interior with highlight colours on doors & drawers, stainless steel look fridge door, full glass cupboard doors to all overhead cupbords, dark grey leather lounge & dark grey/black benchtops.

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 10:27 PM
Some photos of our new van we've ordered. The outside shots are a bit general ours is the same size ,shape ,colour but with hot dip gal chasis & bike & jerry can carriers added to drawbar. Inside shots are not quite accurate as we will have an all white walled interior with highlight colours on doors & drawers, stainless steel look fridge door, full glass cupboard doors to all overhead cupbords, dark grey leather lounge & dark grey/black benchtops.

Wow! And to think the camper you sold me looks nearly identical inside!! LMFAO!!!

Top looking unit mate!!!

Dark 1
14th March 2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks bud realllyyy excited now, should be able to pick her up around august. Can't wait!!

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks bud realllyyy excited now, should be able to pick her up around august. Can't wait!!

Outstanding!! Does that timeframe delay your trip a little then?

Dark 1
14th March 2011, 10:43 PM
No mate still leaving around may 2012. Just means might have to move in with the olds if our house sells quickly.

big_fletch
14th March 2011, 10:43 PM

That looks top mate, I had a look at that van today while I was at the show.. Olympic paramount... stunning unit, should serve you well for your big trip

Dark 1
14th March 2011, 10:49 PM
That looks top mate, I had a look at that van today while I was at the show. Paramount classic signature series stunning unit, should serve you well for your big trip

Thanks Fletch, ours will be an offroad version of that model & we've added an extra foot to the inside.

Bigrig
14th March 2011, 10:50 PM
No mate still leaving around may 2012. Just means might have to move in with the olds if our house sells quickly.

Or come to Brissy for a trip!!

big_fletch
14th March 2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks Fletch, ours will be an offroad version of that model & we've added an extra foot to the inside.

That sounds great mate, congrats on the purchase.. I didn't realise you would be at the show again today otherwise I would have caught up and said hi

Dark 1
14th March 2011, 11:00 PM
That sounds great mate, congrats on the purchase.. I didn't realise you would be at the show again today otherwise I would have caught up and said hi

Yeh mate had to go back to do colour selections & such. We're in town til sunday so may be able to work something out if your keen. Doing Harbour town tommorrow [retail therapy for the missus] possibly melbourne zoo some time this week. Going to old family friends place at ferntree gully for dinner on friday night but if your intown or we can train it somewhere neutrel let us know.

big_fletch
14th March 2011, 11:30 PM
Yeh mate had to go back to do colour selections & such. We're in town til sunday so may be able to work something out if your keen. Doing Harbour town tommorrow [retail therapy for the missus] possibly melbourne zoo some time this week. Going to old family friends place at ferntree gully for dinner on friday night but if your intown or we can train it somewhere neutrel let us know.

No worries, have to see how I go as am pretty sure I am on call for work this week.. see how I go

the ferret
15th March 2011, 01:06 AM
Mate, that's one pretty flash van,good luck to you and I hope you get plenty of use out of it.
Me, well I was gunna stick with the old one, but after seeing your new one, I might trade er in, sick of fish'n anyway.
All the best and safe travels.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/image027.jpg

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 07:56 AM
Mate, that's one pretty flash van,good luck to you and I hope you get plenty of use out of it.
Me, well I was gunna stick with the old one, but after seeing your new one, I might trade er in, sick of fish'n anyway.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/image027.jpg

Classic Ferret!!!

AB
15th March 2011, 09:57 AM
Heaps of storage inside that one Kelvin, looks A++++

AB
15th March 2011, 11:33 AM
=the ferret;51952]Mate, that's one pretty flash van,good luck to you and I hope you get plenty of use out of it.

Ferret, this one doesn't look quite as cozzy as Kelvins but the views definatly make up for the confined space....lol

And It's 2 stories as well...lol

Dark 1
15th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Heaps of storage inside that one Kelvin, looks A++++

Yeh mate need lots of storage when you gonna store almost eveything you own in it. Had a little bit of a meltdown when we did colour selections, the salesman hadn't allowed for leather in the initial price & was trying to charge me more, so i said fix it or i walk never to return. With a bit of argueing & me starting to walk away the owner stepped in & stopped the debarcle " just give him what he's asked for. We don't need the bad publicity."
I'm glad i stuck to my guns, anyway really looking foward to getting it & pissin off.

Bigrig
15th March 2011, 10:31 PM
Yeh mate need lots of storage when you gonna store almost eveything you own in it. Had a little bit of a meltdown when we did colour selections, the salesman hadn't allowed for leather in the initial price & was trying to charge me more, so i said fix it or i walk never to return. With a bit of argueing & me starting to walk away the owner stepped in & stopped the debarcle " just give him what he's asked for. We don't need the bad publicity."
I'm glad i stuck to my guns, anyway really looking foward to getting it & pissin off.

Can't wait to see it!!

AB
16th March 2011, 07:56 AM

Good work mate!

I hate when you walk away very slowly and your just waiting for the "Ok Ok Ok, we'll do it" comment but it never comes...lol

Bob
16th March 2011, 08:20 AM
I both Love and Hate going to the 4WD and Camping Shows. Love the latest shiny new equipment and hate it when I cant afford it. They are good shows to go to as you can get some good ideas at them.

Spock
16th March 2011, 03:40 PM
Good work mate!

I hate when you walk away very slowly and your just waiting for the "Ok Ok Ok, we'll do it" comment but it never comes...lol

Is that waiting for the Missus saying let's do it, or the Salesman. Either way it sucks. lol

GUtsy ute
19th April 2011, 10:18 PM

Hi Kelvin,
What a fabulous van to do your trip in, just the bee's knees to live in as well.
I can see many thousands of k's of luxury touring coming up.
Well done and hope the wait doesn't seem too long before you get it.
Gavin

Dark 1
20th April 2011, 09:19 PM
Hi Kelvin,
What a fabulous van to do your trip in, just the bee's knees to live in as well.
I can see many thousands of k's of luxury touring coming up.
Well done and hope the wait doesn't seem too long before you get it.
Gavin

Yeh mate three months three weeks two days & about 15 hrs to go.[ shite yeh I'M KEEN ]

Bigrig
20th April 2011, 09:40 PM
Yeh mate three months three weeks two days & about 15 hrs to go.[ shite yeh I'M KEEN ]

But who's counting?? lmfao!!! Don't blame ya for being keen mate - top unit.

p.s. And thanks - got your message late today when I got back from Melbourne