PDA

View Full Version : Diff conversion from coil to leaf.

Bulldozen
9th October 2014, 10:35 PM
How's things fellas basically I'm putting a coil diff out of a 98 coil sprung patrol in to a 88 leaf sprung patrol back diff swap is the easy part trouble is the front diff... The original leaf sprung front diff has the tie rod on the front (front meaning side of the diff that faces forward to the road if you were in the driver seat) and clears the springs on each side but the coil diff has the tie rod in on the back side of the diff under the yoke and will not clear the springs additionally to changing the diffs I'm also wanting to swap the steering box and the cluster of ball joints for the coil steering box which is simpler and more practical because it's only one drag link from box to diff a panhard bar and steering damper any ideas/photos or referrals to people that have done this/seen it done would be boss and just to clarify the reason I'm sticking with the leaf sprung buss is because it is only used for heavy loads and not much cruising and because it would be cool to have an improvement on the old set up wich in my opinion was a shambles from the factory... Any help much appreciated thanks in advance..