PDA

View Full Version : L28 Problems

JakeEdge
8th October 2014, 09:04 PM
I recently put a second hand L28 in my 84 MK (First mistake). Now that its all in

- The clutch doesnt engage. The pedals working fine but nothing else. Bled it and put new fluid in, still nothing.

- It wont idle properly. I know the fuel isnt that great, will put fresh stuff in but any other ideas? Or how to do a basic tune?
Will sort of idle with the choke at about 1100rpm but once I take the choke off it slowly putters to nothing.

- When I rev it with the choke off, it stays there for a few seconds and then slows down till it finally dies.

Please help, Any info is useful and appreciated.

mudski
8th October 2014, 10:22 PM
Is the clutch fork moving in and out with the pressing of the pedal? If not, two things come to mind, the thrust bearing carrier on the nose cone of the box is jammed on the carrier, quite possible for a car of this age. The carrier wears on the inside and ends up being like a golf ball down a hall way on the nose cone. So the carrier could have tilted on the cone and jammed up. Or the slave cylinder is seized. You may need to remove the connecting pin from the slave cylinder to the clutch fork to see about this. Or their is air in the system.
As for the other issue. Not sure. The carby has been cleaned and the needle and seat clean and sitting correct? Blocked jets?

Good luck.

GQ TANK
9th October 2014, 12:46 AM
Try bleeding again, they can be a bugger to bleed.

You might need to put a kit though the carby, try some carby cleaner first

Im assuming you put your foot down and hold it down, it revs out then dies. Could be a blocked fuel filter either the gauze filter where it goes into the carby or I belive there's a filter under the drivers door