PDA

View Full Version : Conditional registration of vehicle

AB
8th October 2014, 08:22 PM
Ok so we are having some slight issues with registering the safari fire truck.

It's an 88 safari tb42 only done 15000kms, immaculate condition but has a custom built GM pump system on the back with pipes hanging out, rear timber bench seat which sits over the PTO, 200kg front counter weight on the bar for the pump and many other modifications for a genuine and classic Japanese fire truck. So long story short it is not adr compliant and because of that we cannot obtain a rwc.

This car is to be used for promotional reasons for our business only.

For club reg, from little research I have done the vehicle also needs a rwc. Aside from the main business, we were also interested in helping out our local Cfa for any events as well or for promotional work on any NP shows in the future and even joining other associated classic vehicle clubs as well. It's a vehicle not seen often in Australia and definitely turns heads.

Does anyone know more info or have possibly done a conditional registration in Victoria before or can offer any other advice?

Not to be used as a daily, purely promotional for the business.

macca86
8th October 2014, 08:25 PM
I think asking the fire brigade or ses would be able to help. Or a good mate with a tilt tray or something

mudski
8th October 2014, 08:26 PM
Would getting an engineers cert help? What about removing the items that make it not compliant? And put them back on later or when you get to the destination. If that can be done...

nissannewby
8th October 2014, 08:28 PM
Buy a cheap 88 patrol with rwc and throw the plates on the fire truck :) lol

AB
8th October 2014, 08:29 PM
Would getting an engineers cert help? What about removing the items that make it not compliant? And put them back on later or when you get to the destination. If that can be done...

Engineers is the last resort, there are a lot of things that would need to be done and very expensive.

Because of the pto and layout that GM designed you would have to cut and weld a lot of things and completely ruin the prestige work done as an original fire truck.

Cuppa
8th October 2014, 08:32 PM
:useless:

I wanna see it.

AB
8th October 2014, 08:33 PM
I think asking the fire brigade or ses would be able to help. Or a good mate with a tilt tray or somethingwe were going to have a chat with them too soon. They would love to see this in their parades or charity events they organise around here.

AB
8th October 2014, 08:35 PM
:useless: I wanna see it.

This isn't the vehicle but pretty much identical. It's pretty cool!

Cuppa
8th October 2014, 08:41 PM
There has to be a legal way to get permission for occasional use.

Clunk
8th October 2014, 08:53 PM
So how was it brought over here in the first place, surely it would have had some sort of compliance at some point when it was brought over?

04OFF
8th October 2014, 09:29 PM
Might be worth looking into a VIC Unregistered Vehicle Permit, (1-28 days)

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/unregistered-vehicle-permits

Not for....

•for social purposes
•for domestic purposes outside those specified on permit

But... its a actual fire truck, and you own a business, should not be hard to come up with a "legit" excuse, especially if you put water in it and play the fire "safety" card etc.

MudRunnerTD
8th October 2014, 09:34 PM
AB talk to Phil Carr from the 4WD Shed mate, he will be ale to point you in the right direction for sure, he is into heavy mods and Engineers and there are plenty of his customers ow getting around with Club reg.

Give him a bell mate.

AB
9th October 2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks gents, my brother has left to go overseas but I'll show him this info when he gets back on Monday.

Just a small hurdle that's all but cheers for your help blokes!!!!

threedogs
9th October 2014, 08:07 AM
How about from a historical point of view,. lots of historical cars are un-RW
There has to be a way.
Or you could buy for $40 a permit that allows you to drive the vehicle for a certain amount of days

Alitis007
9th October 2014, 11:33 AM
A trader plate will let you drive it as is AB but dunno if you need to be in the car industry or just need to have a ABN to get one

AB
15th October 2014, 06:35 PM
Email sent to Vicroads explaining the vehicle and purpose.

Apparently this is how to do it for applying for a conditional rego. You then get assigned an assessor to checkout.

Praying we have a good person!

Someone actually saw this exact vehicle the other day in vic with the conditional plates so fingers crossed!

Dales300exc
15th October 2014, 09:02 PM
Was this the vehicle I saw at patrolapart a couple weeks back?

AB
16th October 2014, 05:51 AM
Was this the vehicle I saw at patrolapart a couple weeks back?

Certainly was mate.