PDA

View Full Version : Factory Diff locker

SKID
8th October 2014, 01:02 PM
can anyone tell me where to get my factory Diff locker repaired in Brisbane. Prior to upgrading from the factory solinoid, it was locking and staying locked after sitting for a few days, some times it would disengage when starting the car, but on a few occassions it wouldnt unlock until after driving several hundred meters and would disenage with a bang/clang. Hind sight is 20/20 I should have stopped and swapped the vacuum hoses around, but when I got around to upgrading from the factory solinoids to an MAC, I got two 4wd trips in after the upgrade before another loud bang/clang. now when I turn the diff locker on it sometimes locks but more often I hear the sound of the teeth clanging trying to lock and stay locked, I've seen and read on these forums about people who have taken out the "dog gear" and taken it to places to be welded up etc. I'm no able to take the "dog gear" out my self. and after having declined a couple of invitations to go 4wding am keen to get the diff locker fixed, so any suggestions on where to take it to in Brisbane or Ipswich surrounds in Qld would be appreicated...

warner01
11th October 2014, 07:21 PM
Im not sure if it helps but i had the same problem mate. The research i did someone had said the solinoid on the diff itself causes trouble also. I never got around to replacing it but it might be something to check before you pull the diff apart and spend more than needed. I could also be wrong as i stripped the car before i could look at fixing it.

Bushy674
16th October 2014, 11:58 AM
Hi, adding to what Warner said definitely worth checking diaphragm on diff side of things, let us know what you find as it will be handy to know for future reference! Good luck, Cheers