PDA

View Full Version : 2010 GU AC drain hose.

clubbyr8
6th October 2014, 04:59 PM
Can someone tell me where the drain hose is for my 2010 GU ZD30 wagon? Does the rear AC have a separate drain hose? A pic would be useful or if someone can direct me to where it's shown in the manual? The smell coming from the AC is unbelievable and I think we're going to have a bad summer.......

mudski
6th October 2014, 07:06 PM
I can really answer your question but does the smell, smell like bad feet? Does your a/c work fine? If there is a leak inside the cab from the evaporator you will get a really bad smell. My a/c was leaking in the cab at the evaporator and the smell was awful.

Yendor
6th October 2014, 07:39 PM
Yes the rear A/C has it's own drain tube.

If you crouch down in front of the rear passengers wheel and look up to the right, just behind the wheel arch you will see the two metal pipes for the rear A/C and just above where these two pipes go through the inner guard you will also see the black rubber hose of the drain tube sticking out about an inch from the inner guard.

I can take a photo if you need one but you will see it easily.

clubbyr8
6th October 2014, 08:06 PM
I can really answer your question but does the smell, smell like bad feet? Does your a/c work fine? If there is a leak inside the cab from the evaporator you will get a really bad smell. My a/c was leaking in the cab at the evaporator and the smell was awful.

Both a/c's work fine. The front is the one with the smell. Smells like dusty old socks, takes quite a while to go, and then, when I turn the a/c off, the smell comes back. There is no water leaking in the cab from the evaporator, and there's none under the car either. I had a quick look for the front drain hose, but can't see it....

clubbyr8
6th October 2014, 08:07 PM
Yes the rear A/C has it's own drain tube.

If you crouch down in front of the rear passengers wheel and look up to the right, just behind the wheel arch you will see the two metal pipes for the rear A/C and just above where these two pipes go through the inner guard you will also see the black rubber hose of the drain tube sticking out about an inch from the inner guard.

I can take a photo if you need one but you will see it easily.

Thanks mate, I'll check it tomorrow. The rear a/c seems fine, it doesn't smell, just wondered where the drain hose is.

Yendor
6th October 2014, 08:33 PM
The front drain tube comes out of the firewall on the passenger side.

On the firewall you will see the two metal A/C pipes going through the firewall about 8 inches below these two metal pipes you will see a white plastic tube sticking out, this is the front A/C drain tube.

Most of the time the water from my front drain tube doesn't hit the ground either, it hits the exhaust pipe and evaporates.

I would checked the drain tube isn't blocked and if the A/C is working correctly you can try spraying some Glen 20 into the cabin/recycle inlet behind the glovebox. Hopefully this should eliminate some of the odour for you.

happygu
6th October 2014, 09:43 PM
I once bought a can of AC Freshener, from the local Autostore, designed to kill off the AC smells ..... probably similar to Glen20, but 4 times the price.

It worked well

Mic

clubbyr8
7th October 2014, 07:33 AM
The front drain tube comes out of the firewall on the passenger side.

On the firewall you will see the two metal A/C pipes going through the firewall about 8 inches below these two metal pipes you will see a white plastic tube sticking out, this is the front A/C drain tube.

Most of the time the water from my front drain tube doesn't hit the ground either, it hits the exhaust pipe and evaporates.

I would checked the drain tube isn't blocked and if the A/C is working correctly you can try spraying some Glen 20 into the cabin/recycle inlet behind the glovebox. Hopefully this should eliminate some of the odour for you.

Just had a quick look, found the rear one ok, but the front one has the tube missing, I can see the hole through the firewall, but there's no tube. I guess the glovebox is coming out today... :)

Thanks guys....

mudski
7th October 2014, 05:01 PM
Yeah sometimes the front hose gets knocked of by the passengers feet or putting stuff on the floor. From what I have read anyway...

mudnut
7th October 2014, 05:15 PM
While you have the blower fan off, it is a good idea to fit some mesh over the air inlet, to stop leaves, and mouse and rat droppings from entering the fan and A/C fins.

clubbyr8
7th October 2014, 05:50 PM
While you have the blower fan off, it is a good idea to fit some mesh over the air inlet, to stop leaves, and mouse and rat droppings from entering the fan and A/C fins.

OK stupid question time, how easy is it to get the blower unit out? What's involved?

mudnut
7th October 2014, 06:01 PM
On a Gq it is just three small hex headed bolts, and you don't need to take out the glove box. It gives you access to clean the fins. I hope it is as easy on a GU

clubbyr8
8th October 2014, 09:23 AM
On a Gq it is just three small hex headed bolts, and you don't need to take out the glove box. It gives you access to clean the fins. I hope it is as easy on a GU

Yeah, it's three Phillips Head screws, fins were only slightly dusty, wiped all the dust out and sprayed some Glen 20 in the box and towards the evaporator, hopefully it fixes it.... :)

fitzyfootlong
9th October 2014, 08:24 AM
cheers for asking, saves me asking again as I was looking for the same thing!