PDA

View Full Version : 4WD Modification Legalities - Update

MudRunnerTD
6th October 2014, 10:29 AM
Hi guys,

This artical is worth a read and there are a number of questions answered and Mythes dispelled. still a ways to go. the potential to have 150mm of combined lift Engineered is promising..

http://www.outbacktravelaustralia.com.au/4wd-mods-general-mods/4wd-modification-legalities-updated-jan-2014

mudski
6th October 2014, 10:26 PM
I find this confusing...
There are high-low beam HID replacement headlight kits in the marketplace, but such kits can comply with ADRs only if the vehicle has an automatic headlamp levelling system (normally air suspension) and an automatic headlight cleaning system. These conditions have been imposed because any beam height increase caused by vehicle load, or beam refraction caused by dirt or ice on the lens, can become a vision hazard for oncoming drivers.

I bought a D-Max a few years back and it came from the shop floor with Projecters and HID's. No self levelers and NO headlamp washers.

Some drivers have been booked for having the screen operating in a position where it can be seen by a passing or following driver!
Well this would be the case for just about all cars with DVD head rests and roof console screens. The cops should get down to my kids school then and book all the rich soccer mums in their Euro soft roaders. they'd run out of paper to write the tickets on.

Thanks for sharing Darren. Good read.