PDA

View Full Version : What No Globes, Bulbs, Lights or Anything? Is this a Nissan Thing??? HELP

phtest
1st October 2014, 04:02 PM
Just been for Rego check and the guy was like "Why have you nothing in this side one the rear lights". Me knowing nothing had to say " I dun know" like an idiot.

So what is it, Why is there a lens but no internals, no globes or anything. Is this a Nissan thing?

Is it possible to get these working like "real" lights?

Any help would be good
Thanks

threedogs
1st October 2014, 04:06 PM
For the wheel on the door ,, only the OS market I think that has them.
there is a kit you can buy for around $90 and retro fit some

Bob
1st October 2014, 04:07 PM
The lights are in the rear Bar and a Stop Light high up.
The Lights in the quarter panels were deemed illegal by Aust Standards as the Spare Wheel obstructed a side view.
You can purchase fittings for the quarter panels. Just do a Search.
BTW you do not need the lights in the Quarter Panel for it to obtain a Roadworthy or Registration

4bye4
1st October 2014, 04:29 PM
Look up Patrol Parts in the forum. Patrolapart has them. I just fitted them to my GU about two months ago. Easy enough to do if you know a little about wiring - say if you can do a trailer plug you should be able to do this.

graeme1969
1st October 2014, 10:17 PM
I would be more worried about the guy doing the rego check not knowing what a stock standard setup looks like.

TPC
1st October 2014, 11:27 PM
I bought my Patrol at Pickles Auctions in Vic and they had declared faults with drivers side rear lights on all the Patrols at the auction.
Lots of people don't know.

megatexture
2nd October 2014, 08:06 AM
I would be more worried about the guy doing the rego check not knowing what a stock standard setup looks like.

That was my thoughts, if your in the industry wouldn't you know? It's not like there are only a few patrols..

Cuppa
2nd October 2014, 05:20 PM
Not just a Patrol thing. A Troopy I had was the same.

phtest
6th October 2014, 10:33 AM
It seems that "Australian spec" don't have them as the Australian standards deemed, there was a risk of the spare Tyre obscuring the light.
So having none at all is better than "obscured" lol

You have to love bureaucrats and red tape lol,, I often wonder if these guys even own a car?!

Oh well I didn't need them for the rego in the end, I have ordered some from patrolapart. So thanks for that.

threedogs
6th October 2014, 11:48 AM
Not just a Patrol thing. A Troopy I had was the same.

My Troopie was OK maybe you had a later one, but Troopies were optioned with or without a
wheel on door [WOD] depending which variant you chose. mine was an RV 6 seater