PDA

View Full Version : QLD , No more rego labels from tomorrow (1st oct 2014)

04OFF
30th September 2014, 04:34 PM
No more QLD rego labels with be issued from tomorrow (1st of October 2014) onwards (well for most vehicles anyway)

More info in the link, and more importantly the way to check the status of your vehicle rego online.....

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/news/features/label/index.html

threedogs
30th September 2014, 04:40 PM
We have it here , but I don't like it

NP99
30th September 2014, 05:47 PM
Wish they did it for trailers too....

rusty_nail
30th September 2014, 05:50 PM
Wish they did it for trailers too....

We have it in NSW and I hate it. Your always worried about remembering when the two is due etc. Makes it hard if you have a few regos to remember

nissannewby
30th September 2014, 06:22 PM
I have just recently done mine :).

04OFF
30th September 2014, 07:16 PM
Should save QLD millions not having to issue rego stickers, plus all the revenue from fines now that more people will be caught driving unregistered vehicles.

Im sure our rego cost will still go UP as per usual next year, regardless of any savings made.

04OFF
30th September 2014, 07:25 PM
And knowing how QLD likes to make "excellent" rules that turn normal people into criminals , it would be a safe bet that the fine for driving a unregistered vehicle will be increased dramatically by the end of next year as well.

katwoman
30th September 2014, 07:27 PM
And yet here in Vic, you still need club rego sticker as Vicroads have no record of them !

Clunk
30th September 2014, 07:40 PM
Have had that for a few years over here, never had an issue with forgetting as they send you your new rego papers a few weeks earlier which ask you to pay before or on a certain date blah blah blah

Avo
30th September 2014, 08:07 PM
yep,get your renewal,pin it up on the notice board.Once paid pull it down..easy really..

taslucas
30th September 2014, 09:34 PM
Yeah tassie went the same way a while ago.
As clunk and np said, you get your renewal in the post, put it on the fridge till its paid then throw it away. I've always done it that way anyway. Not once did I ever check the sticker on my car to see when it was due.

DX grunt
30th September 2014, 10:41 PM
yep,get your renewal,pin it up on the notice board.Once paid pull it down..easy really..
I've also got a paint pen and write the rego expiry date in small writing on the bottom left hand corner of my windscreen.

TPC
30th September 2014, 11:14 PM
Have not had rego stickers in SA for over 3 years but we can pay monthly by direct debit so I don't have to remember.

katwoman
30th September 2014, 11:35 PM
I guess you just have to keep paperwork in the glovebox like the yanks.. If you're selling so you can show buyers its reg'd.

04OFF
30th September 2014, 11:40 PM
I've also got a paint pen and write the rego expiry date in small writing on the bottom left hand corner of my windscreen.

Have not had rego stickers in SA for over 3 years but we can pay monthly by direct debit so I don't have to remember.

Both good suggestions.

I thought about renewing my straddie beach permit the month before rego is due, that way I still have a big sticker with the month/number date on it.

Like everything, its just a shock to the system, people can whinge and bitch for a bit, then figure out you cant change anything, so may as well find a way to just get on with life :bigthumbup:

NP99
30th September 2014, 11:41 PM
I guess you just have to keep paperwork in the glovebox like the yanks.. If you're selling so you can show buyers its reg'd.

No doubt the REVS check will include that requirement now...

BigRAWesty
1st October 2014, 06:57 AM
In sa they send out more paperwork now due to no rego plates.
Before it use to be one page, sticker on one side and transfer crap onnthe other.
Now they send a reminder page and then a second page with all the transfer details.
Weird but I don't mind it

menace 2
1st October 2014, 11:32 AM
its human nature...a general reluctance to change...everybody will get over it once it is a way of life

NP99
1st October 2014, 10:49 PM

Just found the answer - https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/checkrego/application/TermAndConditions.xhtml?windowId=54d