PDA

View Full Version : Gopro HERO 4 in the pipeline.

04OFF
30th September 2014, 08:51 AM
For those that are intrested, Gopro Hero 4 to be released soon, well, sometime in the next 12 months i guess anyway. :biggrin:

http://shop.gopro.com/APAC/cameras?gclid=CL-mv9izh8ECFdcjvQodpQYA0g

I know it gives a release date (October 5) an all, but it does not say what year (lol), and just as they proved with the hero 3 release, they are kings of announcing releasing dates that they never meet (just moving the release date every month for 3 months or so, to get all the pre orders)

Then of course when its acually out, it will most likley not all work correctly because obviously they release cameras before proper testing has been conducted, forcing you to update firmware the very second you get the camera out of the box (of course this will have you pulling your hair out before you even get to use the camera), and then having to wait for about 3 more firmware releases over a 12 months period to end up with a camera that is now pretty good, and actually works 100%, 80% of the time.

lhurley
30th September 2014, 11:37 AM
60% of the time it works all the time

04OFF
30th September 2014, 01:42 PM
Yeh, maybe 12 months was being a bit generous describing the Gofail firmware, perhaps i should have been more realistic, and said allow up to 2 years to get them to finally release firmware to make it all work 80% of the time as it should. :frown:

lucus30
30th September 2014, 02:51 PM
Bummer I just got one too

Stropp
30th September 2014, 04:45 PM
mine is great, i just have to remember to turn it onto record lol.

Winnie
30th September 2014, 05:36 PM
mine is great, i just have to remember to turn it onto record lol.

Especially when you go up big red!