PDA

View Full Version : My awsome gu4 patrol zd30

georev
29th September 2014, 10:58 AM
Hi guys. I have been wanting to talk on this site for months now. I am only new member to this site. But i have come on many times to view comments on the patrol forums. Very good info!
I want to tell about my fondness of my patrol zd30 gu4, 2004 model.
I have now owned it for about 2 years. The motor still being original and never changed has done 222,000k's now. I bought it in qld and loved it since day one. Throughout the cars life it has been well serviced and cared for. Oil 10/40 penrite semi synthetic has always been used every service. Only use genuine oil filters. The running gear is extremely strong and runs like the day it was made. May i also add that the patrol has now done 2 trips around australia, both times with 3 tonne caravans behind it. No probs at all.
Recently i have done some good mods. Here are a few. 3" suspension lift, 33" tyres, winch, alloy bar in front, 3" mandrell bent exhaust, front ARB air locker, as well as numerous other adds and changes (upgrades).
In a nutshell i use this patrol all the time on road, and do some serious of road as well without fault. I am exremely happy with this unit and am pleased to have such a well built truck. I have heard some earlier model horror stories, but just wanted you all to know of my good run with this patrol. I still remember the day i bought it. The older man selling it was crying. He cried because he had to sell this patrol for some thing smaller, and he only wanted it to go to a new owner who would care for it in the same way that he previously had. Even his sibblings had turned up after sale to say goodbye.
For me its 10 out of 10!
An all round great truck.
Oh, forgot to mention. When i was towing the 3 tonne van i was getting a constant 14.3L per hundred K,s, which highly impressed me!

threedogs
29th September 2014, 11:03 AM
Very nice , I too have had a trouble free run. the previous owner must
be very happy that you have looked after his pride and joy that has now become yours.
Nice sensible mods too
Don't forget an intro if you haven't already done one, polite and all
just something the forum asks of us all

Lemo79
11th October 2014, 10:03 PM
Very nice.
Will have to request some info on your winch install at some stage. Looks the same as what I want to achieve.

Lemo.

Stropp
11th October 2014, 11:47 PM
Nice patrol mate, I'm glad you are enjoying it and it's a good reliable zd30 you have got, look forward to hearing more about it.