PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

paraterra
26th September 2014, 07:13 PM
Hi All
My name is Tamer, I’m swiss and partially live in Paraguay where I own a used Nissan Safari Patrol. It’s not so easy down here to find out the exact model information about the used cars. Based on my research it seems to be a 3th generation, 1990 build, Modell MQ?, SD33T, 24V, manual mirrors and windows, AC, 4x4, 5 speed gearbox, engine assisted winch. It has about 400’000 km, the chassis is pretty good condition; no visible rust. I've attached an image of my car, if anyone can correct/confirm the modell information, please do not hesitate...

Buying second hand car down here can be a real nightmare; some more details further below… Additionally I have to admit that I’m not a mechanic and although I’m quite practical I lack knowledge about cars and their mechanical inner live; something I will have to enhance ;-).
My first choice was a Hyundai Galloper and it ended up being a disaster, finally I sold it with a loss and booked that as a learning experience.
Luckily I got to know another, retired old school mechanical engineer from Switzerland living in Paraguay. He helped me finding and buying my actual Nissan and will assist me with any mechanical work I’ll need to do.

My Nissan was as far as I know originally used in Japan, then got imported to Paraguay which means it got imported through Chile and was “redone” from right side steering to left side steering; a lot of used cars from Japan are going through this procedure and end up as cheap second hand car on the market here, they are called “via Chile”. A lot of times this side switch goes along with a horrible electrical and structural changes; I have seen some internals and it was schocking; all cables were redone with one color, normal 220V house hold cables. The welding for the structural changes were looking horrible…
My Nissan kept having some electrical issues, so I’m in the process of getting the electrical wiring checked and redone to a more original state.

I love my Nissan. It’s so spacious, I used several times to move furnitures and it’s amazing how much will fit into this car. The air-suspended front seat are a dream. And the 4x4 is what I need on the country side here.

I’m interested in any kind of experiences, tips and tricks with this model of Nissan as I need to learn to maintain it…

Regards

Tamer

growler2058
26th September 2014, 07:26 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

MEGOMONSTER
27th September 2014, 10:46 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

NP99
27th September 2014, 10:49 AM
Welcome mate, that was a great read. Im sure all your answers are here in this forum.

bigkevlittletruck
27th September 2014, 12:15 PM
welcome aboard mate looks like a good ride

threedogs
27th September 2014, 12:57 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, enjoy

Dhuck
27th September 2014, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
28th September 2014, 08:09 AM
G'day Tamer welcome to the forum mate.

Stropp
29th September 2014, 11:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum, I hope your patrol gives you years of fun.

JonnoDe
30th September 2014, 07:34 AM
Welcome to e forum

my third 256
30th September 2014, 08:54 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

NoRush
30th September 2014, 03:15 PM
gday mate welcome to the forum enjoy !