PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Nissan Patrol

Turbo-piston
26th September 2014, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I'm new and sort of new to the 4WD scene too. I've had a Mitsubishi Challenger 2012 LS and now currently driving a Nissan Pathfinder 2001 Ti.

Love it so far, but need something with a bit more power. I am looking at the Patrol:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Patrol-2010/AGC-AD-16345988/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

I don't know much about the Patrol, I have read about the 'Grenade' engine but looks like it is on earlier models. So far I have realised that auto can tow 2500 and manual can tow 3200.

What are the good and what are the bad on these cars? DO they carry DPFs? I believe they don't as far as I know. I don't want it for off roading, mainly for towing. Do any mods need to be done to tow 2T?

Is the Fuel consumption accurate on the Autos as stated on carsales?

Thanks guys :)

threedogs
26th September 2014, 01:01 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, The mods can sort out what section this needs to be.
so you're after a diesel for towing? why not a 4.8 petrol power to burn, CRD are a tad thirstier than the Di's
but would expect to get around 15-16 lt per 100k towing a modest camper
Driven sedately you could get 12/100k for a CRD

Beni C
26th September 2014, 02:14 PM
Hi Turbo,

I have a 2008 auto and I wouldn’t use it for towing!! The book spec is 11/100k, I am lucky to 16/100k unladen on a good day, especially if you put bigger tyres on!
In saying that though I didn’t buy one for the fuel economy figures, I wanted an auto as I was sick of driving a manual, if I was going to get one for towing, definitely a manual!!
If you don’t need a wagon I would go for a ute with the 4.2ltr.

As for the latter model CRD's they are a reliable donk, not a lot go wrong with them, you will find the odd horror story when trolling the net but that’s just it, people only jump on the net when they have a problem, not to just generally comment on how reliable their vehicle is. Mods straight off the bat would be the EGR block and Provent, you might have issues though if you get an extended warranty though.

The vehicle you have linked look pretty tidy!

Turbo-piston
26th September 2014, 03:36 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback so far. Yes was looking at the Turbo Diesel Auto for towing. At the moment I have a small boat, probably about 1500 kgs all up, but later on I want to upgrade. I like the look of the Patrol. It doesn't seem that fuel efficient though. My Pathfinder probably uses a tad more at the moment, so would be nice to find something with economy and towing power.

I will see what other options there are! Thank you :)

Stropp
26th September 2014, 05:43 PM
Hi mate welcome to the forum, the 3ltr will be ok if you chip it and up the boost with a 3" exhaust but the 4.2 will do it a little easier but an older vehicle that costs more too.

Turbo-piston
27th September 2014, 10:12 AM
Forgot to ask, do these have DPF filters?

MEGOMONSTER
27th September 2014, 11:32 AM
I got a 2011 3lt CRD brand new and I used to get about 14-15 L/100.
After my chip and exhaust I got down to 13L/100.
I have never seen 11.8 L/100 in my car, and I never will now.
The autos do kick down towing up hills and I would suggests to get a EGT/Boost gauge to keep an eye on temps.

DSzuke
27th September 2014, 09:38 PM

I am sure my early CRD doesn't. I am also fairly certain a 2010 wouldn't either (but I am happy to be corrected).

clubbyr8
27th September 2014, 10:12 PM

My 2010 CRD doesn't have a DPF filter......