PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

rammy
25th February 2011, 01:15 PM
hi guys and girls my name is rammy and im a proud owner of a 92 GQ ute and am really interested in getting into 4WD and am trying to set my truck up to be able to do that. i have questions where i would like to get different peoples opinions so if i could get you all to help that would be great. hope to hear from you soon. thankyou

AB
25th February 2011, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Rammy, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

rammy
25th February 2011, 01:21 PM
thanks very much. appreciated. can you please give me direction on where to go to chat and all the rest?

AB
25th February 2011, 01:25 PM
The general chat section is here ---> http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?33-General-Chat

You can ask anything there or if you have a specific question then there are categories on the main forum home page related to ther "engine", "body" mechanical, etc.

rammy
25th February 2011, 01:26 PM
cheers heaps. thanks again

Dhuck
25th February 2011, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the forum Rammy

rammy
25th February 2011, 01:53 PM
thanks dhuck. good to be involved

rammy
25th February 2011, 02:05 PM
how do i add friends dhuck?

rammy
25th February 2011, 02:31 PM
is there anyone from perth here maybe?

growler2058
25th February 2011, 02:47 PM
G'day rammy their a good mob here with quality info, hope you have fun. Good choice of 4wd BTW you should get many a year of fun wheelin outa it.

rammy
25th February 2011, 02:55 PM
good onya growler. look forward to it. just gotta get my head around how to use this forum. not computer literate ha ha

DX grunt
25th February 2011, 03:48 PM
G'day rammy

Welcome to the forum, and more importantly, welcome to another Sandgroper. lol

Another ute owner - congrats. Where abouts in Perth are you? I'm about 150k's north of Albany.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

rammy
25th February 2011, 03:49 PM
hi all. how are we? does anyone know of anywhere i can find pictures of a GQ preferably a ute with a 4 inch lift and 33 and or 35 inch tyres?

rammy
25th February 2011, 03:52 PM
gday DX hows things? im next to mundaring near midland. looking forward to meeting new good people with the same interest that im trying to get into and learning as much as i can from everyone to make my 4WD as safe and as enjoyable as possible

Maxhead
25th February 2011, 04:20 PM
G'Day Rammy, welcome to the forum mate

rammy
25th February 2011, 04:29 PM
cheers mate. good to be here

growler2058
25th February 2011, 05:17 PM
good onya growler. look forward to it. just gotta get my head around how to use this forum. not computer literate ha ha

Mate ur no lone ranger there I am a computer moron, but even i have managed to sorta find my way
around here. My better half is a whiz and just pi223s herself laughing at my uselessness dunno if thats a word. Got the two finger typing goin then have to go back and try correcting so others can read what i write. Decided to go with 1 finger on 1 hand and its worked 4 me hahahaha. Like i say they're a good mob here unlike other forums i tried they wont try belittle you. No Q's to silly here. Go the Troll

rammy
25th February 2011, 05:20 PM
ha ha ha love it mate. yeah thats my style. 1 finger at a time will do me :) keep in touch mate

DX grunt
25th February 2011, 05:26 PM
rammy

There's quite a few members on here that also belong to the Western Patrol Club westernpatrolclub.com.au that's based in Perth. They meet on the 4th Wednesday of every month at Rivervale.

There are quite a few of us that are country members. I've committed to 2 trips a year with the club, so if you decide to join, I'll catch up with you. You may be eligible to do an outing or two as a visitor.

Check out the website. It might just appeal to you. lol

growler2058
25th February 2011, 05:29 PM
Will do mate. see took that long to punch that in hahahahahahahaha

rammy
25th February 2011, 05:34 PM
cheers DX. look forward to it

rammy
25th February 2011, 05:35 PM
hahahahahaha. fantastic :)

rammy
25th February 2011, 05:37 PM
is that www.westernpatrolclub.com.au?

Clunk
25th February 2011, 07:01 PM
is there anyone from perth here maybe?

There are heaps of people from Perth on here mate, the Sandgropers have almost taken over roflmao. Anyway, welcome on board mate, top bunch of people on here with a huge amount of knowledge, have a look around and enjoy mate.

rammy
25th February 2011, 07:06 PM
cheers mate. have been looking and slowly but surely getting used to how it works :) while your here have you heard much feedback about brunswick diesel seen as though your from around these parts?

Clunk
25th February 2011, 07:14 PM
cheers mate. have been looking and slowly but surely getting used to how it works :) while your here have you heard much feedback about brunswick diesel seen as though your from around these parts?

I don't know much about them mate I'm not very mechanically savvy but from what I've heard thy're supposed to be pretty good. One of th more knowlegdable guys will probably be able to shed some light on th topic though.

rammy
25th February 2011, 07:16 PM
no dramas mate. cheers cheers

Finly Owner
25th February 2011, 10:47 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Rammy

Tim

DX grunt
25th February 2011, 11:06 PM
is that www.westernpatrolclub.com.au?

That's it.

Ross

RustyNails
25th February 2011, 11:27 PM
Hi rammy and thanks for the PM (private message)

Whacking a Brunswick in is not cheap exercise (about $24K) but everyone I have ever met who has one in their Patrol loves them. Thet mainly need it for towing big caravans or trailers though.
They have a website http://www.brunswickdiesels.com.au/new/index.php and sometimes have trucks for sale (patrols and Cruisers mainly).

Paul

Dark 1
25th February 2011, 11:52 PM
Welcome rammy.
Mate has a chev in his cab chasis & has mixed opinions. Main complaints are unreliable feul economy, poor after sales service from engine supplier [brunswick], problems with injectors & injector pump.
Personally i love the sound of it, just thought i'd give you some comparitive feedback.

nowoolies
26th February 2011, 09:27 AM
G`day Rammy
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs bucket loads of info to be found on this site
nowoolies
Paul

nowoolies
26th February 2011, 09:32 AM

everyone i know who`s had a brunswick diesel fitted ......in the long run regrets it ,
personally i wouldnt touch one with a bargepole

Woof
26th February 2011, 04:14 PM
Welcome Rammy, enjoy the forum mate.
Here is some stuff about the Western Patrol Club mate: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?73-Western-Patrol-Club-Inc
If you require any more info just PM me.

big_fletch
27th February 2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Rammy, good to have another member aboard

Fletcha

Sir Roofy
27th February 2011, 01:22 PM
welcome aboard rammy

wildgu6
27th February 2011, 07:52 PM
Hey buddy, Welcome aboard,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Hang on, you already have, well done buddy, enjoy

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:43 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul