PDA

View Full Version : Fitting new A.R.E scoop

Patrol-Guy
25th September 2014, 10:48 PM
Hi evey1, well it looks like I will finally get time to fit my new scoop tomorrow. It looks pretty straight forward but I would appreciate any advice or suggestions before I start.

It looks like a sort of bracket that needs to be removed to allow access to the bolts that hold the scoop on.

megatexture
25th September 2014, 11:58 PM
For best performance put it on top the bonnet and open end forwards :smileyvault-cute-bi

NP99
26th September 2014, 12:00 AM
For best performance put it on top the bonnet and open end forwards :smileyvault-cute-bi

And the Venturi effect should keep it secure....

paulyg
26th September 2014, 08:55 AM
Just pop of the metal bracket that holds the rubber seal on, then you will see the bolts that hold the scoop down.

threedogs
26th September 2014, 09:32 AM
There are about 6 10mm bolts that hold the steel plate to the rubber flange, un do them and the scoop will lift out.
Clean all the dirt with hot soapy water, dry then use metho or alcohol wipe to clean paint work.
Peel off tape and position over holes , replace the flange and steel backing plate , Done.
Have you had it sprayed if not I'd give it a few coats of clear to the natural finish.

Patrol-Guy
26th September 2014, 09:37 AM

And the Venturi effect should keep it secure....

Toyota intruder alert, these 2 are displaying the characteristics of landcruiser people. shame on you. Toyota intruder alert

Patrol-Guy
26th September 2014, 09:40 AM
There are about 6 10mm bolts that hold the steel plate to the rubber flange, un do them and the scoop will lift out.
Clean all the dirt with hot soapy water, dry then use metho or alcohol wipe to clean paint work.
Peel off tape and position over holes , replace the flange and steel backing plate , Done.
Have you had it sprayed if not I'd give it a few coats of clear to the natural finish.

Didn't spray it, my car is white and so is the scoop. Looks ok so will wax it later.

threedogs
26th September 2014, 09:54 AM
I did have a piece of mesh to protect the intercooler a bit as you know a decent size rock can fit in the opening.
but I removed it until I can get something that flows better