PDA

View Full Version : Another 'Q missing

Drewboyaus
23rd September 2014, 09:00 AM
Guys, a repost from one of the Facebook groups.....
Yet another GQ missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Avo
23rd September 2014, 09:24 AM
Bugger bugger bugger...this is getting ridiculas

NP99
23rd September 2014, 11:17 AM
Bloody nice looking rig too. Bloody grubs....

threedogs
23rd September 2014, 01:33 PM
Grubs , burns my wick these lowlifes.
are they only nicking 4.2 diesel,
whats the go with stealing 20-30 year old 4x4s

NP99
23rd September 2014, 02:03 PM
Would be good to see national stats. Seems like a lot of Victorian thefts.....

Alitis007
23rd September 2014, 02:10 PM
I rekon most of these are either getting shipped overseas or they're going interstate to be parted out...

I would love to set up a bait car and catch them in the act! Ooooowww some knee caps will be broken!!

NP99
23rd September 2014, 02:12 PM
I rekon most of these are either getting shipped overseas or they're going interstate to be parted out...

I would love to set up a bait car and catch them in the act! Ooooowww some knee caps will be broken!!

Good point.....cheap parts sellers should be treated with caution.

threedogs
23rd September 2014, 03:35 PM
can't see the point FFS even Growler has updated to a GU are they worth nothing or harder to nick.
wonder if the white 60s is still involved

MEGOMONSTER
23rd September 2014, 08:30 PM
What the f..k are they doing with the cars. Are they being parted out.
I hate reading these. Even my missus can't believe how many are going missing.

lhurley
23rd September 2014, 09:23 PM

I wouldn't stop at kneecaps. Not much would stop me if it was my car.

toad_au
23rd September 2014, 09:29 PM
Bugger hopefully it's spotted bedore it's destroyed

Maxhead
23rd September 2014, 09:32 PM
Must just be a lot of demand for GQ parts, they wouldn't be going missing otherwise...

OR maybe there is just a lot of thieves in Victoria...LOL

Drewboyaus
23rd September 2014, 09:41 PM
What the f..k are they doing with the cars. Are they being parted out. I hate reading these. Even my missus can't believe how many are going missing.

Some will be parted out locally/interstate I imagine but I am told that there is a steady supply of chopped up GQ parts finding their way to the Middle East to service the sand racing biz.

Family4x4
23rd September 2014, 09:55 PM
A mate just sold a 86 hilux 2.4 diesel running condition for $1500. A Russian bloke bought it and said it will be cut up and put into a containers as parts then on to a ship to Pakistan. The bloke said there is a huge parts shortage there.

It adds weight in my opinion to them going overseas.

mudski
23rd September 2014, 10:33 PM
Just another reason for the Vic Q owners out there. Get a GPS tracking device and a 12 gauge.
Anyone in the Mill Park region spot the tricked up GU sitting on the side of the road for 4 days? Wasn't a ZD30, unless it had the stickers and badges removed, so I was assuming it was a TD42 because of the scoop. All muddied up and just sat there on the side of the road. Was going to go to the cops tonight but was gone by then...

Dales300exc
24th September 2014, 08:26 AM
Best tracking device? Ive been paranoid since converting.

mudski
24th September 2014, 01:02 PM
I have a cheapish ebay one. It works. Obviously the more you spend the more you get thought. Viper do an all in one kit with car alarm and gps tracker with phone apps and the like. I would think they are quite pricey though...

NP99
24th September 2014, 02:14 PM
Best tracking device? Ive been paranoid since converting.

They don't deter the real professionals. I raised this discussion in a thread about a year ago. The pros use detectors and jammers to avoid gps monitoring. The electronics involved in avoidance is cheap and they are very good at what they do.

A tracking device is of little deterrent if a pro has identified your car for the black market.

Bloodyaussie
24th September 2014, 04:35 PM
Just got back from jpc performance and he said he just had a customer come who had just popped into Epping plaza and his got knocked off....

Drewboyaus
24th September 2014, 05:02 PM
Seen this?

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/4569-operation-misparting-recovers-abandoned-vehicles-in-hume.html

NP99
24th September 2014, 05:12 PM
Operation Bounce Back may interest some people.

http://www.carsafe.com.au/stakeholders-a-partners/operation-bounce-back