PDA

View Full Version : ECM--where is it?

Dr Gary
21st September 2014, 12:36 PM
Looking to connect a dual Dawes system, and the voltage sensing switch. Chaz advises the most convenient connection is at the ECM. Now all I need to do is find it.
Can someone help please.

mudski
21st September 2014, 10:03 PM
Just above and to the left of your clutch pedal it is. I think rumjas is running a dual dawes and his is connected via the tps. So it opens up the second dawes at a certain throttle position.
I though about doing this but I'm hard on the go pedal most of the time so it would just be a waste of time for me. Lol

Dr Gary
22nd September 2014, 09:22 PM
Just above and to the left of your clutch pedal it is. I think rumjas is running a dual dawes and his is connected via the tps. So it opens up the second dawes at a certain throttle position.
I though about doing this but I'm hard on the go pedal most of the time so it would just be a waste of time for me. Lol

I will be doing the dual Dawes and the TPS to voltage switch system--thanks to Chaz for the design. Seems right for me--lots of light running and a bit of hoofing it. Now I just need to CAREFULLY assemble the voltage switch.

mudski
22nd September 2014, 11:29 PM
Report back on how you go. As I am sure others will be interested on your work and findings...

Dr Gary
25th September 2014, 06:02 PM
Report back on how you go. As I am sure others will be interested on your work and findings...

I have completed the switch, and tested according to instructions. It is now set at 1.6 volts on, 1.0 volts off.
It took a few hours (I am no electronics whiz) but if you follow instructions, it seems to work. You need a small soldering iron. Kit KC5377 comes from JayCar. You will want the HB 6013 Jiffy Box to mount it.
One BIG item that may not be obvious (it wasn't to me) is that some capacitors and the LED have + and - sides. Turns out the long leg is +.