PDA

View Full Version : NPC Viper Slipping ideas????

Dales300exc
19th September 2014, 08:10 PM
As some of you may or may not know, I recently converted to diesel. Drove it home tonight and when its bulling big boost my clutch is slipping. Which, I dunno about you guys, is rather upsetting when you spend $1500 on one to avoid headaches like this, but anywho.

Everything was clean. Master adjustment is fine. Fluid isnt heating and leaning on the clutch. Clutch fork moves freely and slave pushrod is easily pushed back.

Ideas?

nissannewby
19th September 2014, 08:17 PM
Get in contact with the manufacturer. Or really give it a hard time and get some heat into it.

Was the flywheel faced?

Dales300exc
19th September 2014, 08:28 PM
Yeh I will mate but only noticed tonight. Gave it a bit of a go trying to get some heat in it hoping it would settle. It will be cold again when I drive it next so will see how it goes.

Its a brand new billet flywheel and clutch kit.

nissannewby
19th September 2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah I know but there have been cases where they have said they were balanced and they werent. If the flywheel wasnt ground then it may have an effect.

Dales300exc
19th September 2014, 09:06 PM
Mine was balanced again on the engine. Hopefully it will settle. Need it next weekend so will be going slip or not.

Lightspeed
30th September 2014, 11:39 AM
Theres no oil smell is there did you replace the rear main seal & gearbox front sharft seal. Also did you clean the protective coating off the flywheel face before fitting the clutch.
I have the viper clutch & billet flywheel in my patrol & had 3KG taken off it to help the crank from breaking later on. LOL

Dales300exc
30th September 2014, 11:03 PM
Has been all good after I gave it a good burning.

If the crank breaks the crank breaks. I will fix it and move on in life. People fit lighter and heavier flywheels to engines all the time. I don't see why, when balanced as part of the rotating assembly, it should add any great deal of stress to the engine.

Thats my opinion, and when my crank is in pieces I will search for the answer.

Lightspeed
1st October 2014, 11:34 AM
Has been all good after I gave it a good burning.

If the crank breaks the crank breaks. I will fix it and move on in life. People fit lighter and heavier flywheels to engines all the time. I don't see why, when balanced as part of the rotating assembly, it should add any great deal of stress to the engine.

Thats my opinion, and when my crank is in pieces I will search for the answer.

It's only the high horse power TD42 after market turbo engines with the viper flywheels that seem to be breaking cranks & quite a few have broken. It isn't the balancing it's the weight of them causing vibration over time which seems to be cracking them that's why a lot of guys have had a few Kgs taken of them to get them to standard or lower than factory.
I just mentioned it incase you end up taking your clutch out that's all.