PDA

View Full Version : Rear wiper water jets

Evo
18th September 2014, 11:34 PM
Bit of a wierd one.

Has anyone had issues with their rear window squirters leaking to the point of draining the reservoir dry?
I was stumped when trying to wash the windscreen only to find it empty after filling the previous day.
Turns out that parking on my driveway, which has a slight incline, caused the rear jet outlet to sit lower than the reservoir, and hence siphon the reservoir dry.
Parking on a level surface or parking in reverse on my driveway seems to be my way of stopping the water draining out.
Anyone else have this experience or have a remedy to fix?

Thanks

Evo

BigRAWesty
19th September 2014, 04:59 AM
Yes. Exactly the same. Slightly ass down it would drain..
Inside the rear 1/4 of the drivers side you need to remove the inner trim.
Inside that cavity taped to the wheel arch you will find the water line and roughly inline with the fuel filler will be a check valve.
I removed mine and gave it a quick squirt with crc and compressed air to dislodge anything in it and fix mine.
Others have had to replace it..
Just take not of the flow direction (should be an arrow on the valve) when re installing

my third 256
19th September 2014, 07:53 AM
his is what you need
found on ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-Y60-Y61-PATROL-GU-GQ-WASHER-ONE-WAY-CHECK-VALVE-GENUINE-/321215612803?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac9f14783

liftlid
19th September 2014, 08:11 AM
Make sure the hose goes to the bottom of the inner guard , mine started leaking after the qtr chop

sooty_10
19th September 2014, 09:48 AM
I had this too and found my check valve in behind the door trim panel on the large barn door ('98 GU ST). I tried blowing it out with air, and also tried cleaning it to no use. I then went to the usual supercheap/autobarn etc and none of them even knew what I was looking for. Next stop Bursons and they had a check valve for only several bucks on the shelf. Job done.

But yep the ebay link My third put up is exactly what your after.

NP99
19th September 2014, 02:43 PM
Can also get cheap non oem check valves on ebay, got mine for $2 ea.

DilboBaggins
19th September 2014, 05:00 PM
We have 2gu patrols and both have the same problem

Evo
19th September 2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks guys.
Will have a look to see if the old one is serviceable, and order a new one in the meantime.
Do you happen to have a link for the cheapies NP99?

Cheers,

Evo

NP99
20th September 2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks guys.
Will have a look to see if the old one is serviceable, and order a new one in the meantime.
Do you happen to have a link for the cheapies NP99?

Cheers,

Evo

I got mine via this means
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x-Aquarium-One-Way-Check-Valve-Non-Return-Fish-Tank-Co2-System-Air-Pump-Red-/221421751640?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item338dc3cd58

my third 256
20th September 2014, 08:29 AM
with the link i put up for ebay it was mainly for the parts no you see on the packet

Evo
20th September 2014, 05:38 PM
Thanks guys.

I went out last night after reading your comments and proceeded to look for this check valve.
Behind big barn door trim, towards the hinge side, about 150mm from bottom of door.
Gave it a good soaking inside with WD40, and gave my lungs a good work out clearing it, and so far is working again.

Cheers

Evo