PDA

View Full Version : Another GQ stolen - Victoria - Echuca

AB
18th September 2014, 07:26 PM
Thought I would try and spread the word for this poor bloke...

VIC - Echuca.
Stolen last night from echuca vic
1990 gq patrol 4.2 diesel n/a so they made a slow get away parts on it are 35 MTZ on 15 by 10 -44 offset sunnies xrock front bar light force lights. All my camping gear was in it to oztrail swag all other camping gear. If anyone see anything like parts or camping gear for sale please contact me or echuca police.
Thanks Patrick.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49434&stc=1

Blokes contact below if you know anything...

https://www.facebook.com/patrick.brady.39

Hodge
18th September 2014, 07:30 PM
Makes ones blood boil. Just read his post, and he had some sentimental stuff in there thats now gone.
The words I want to use right now would get me banned from this place quickly...

NP99
18th September 2014, 07:44 PM
A flogging is in order. Cops will do their best and judicial system will slap some wrists :(

Maxhead
18th September 2014, 07:46 PM
VIC - Echuca.
Stolen last night from echuca vic
1990 gq patrol 4.2 diesel n/a

https://www.facebook.com/patrick.brady.39

What is it with all these GQ's being stolen????....don't see or hear too many GU's going missing, whats the story?

NissanGQ4.2
18th September 2014, 08:02 PM
GQ's are obviously the better Patrol Kris

nissannewby
18th September 2014, 08:10 PM
The mrs tells me of these nearly daily of patrols being stolen up and down the east coast.

nissannewby
18th September 2014, 08:11 PM
What is it with all these GQ's being stolen????....don't see or hear too many GU's going missing, whats the story?

Gus certainly goes missing there has been quite a few up here of late.

NP99
18th September 2014, 08:13 PM
Gus certainly goes missing there has been quite a few up here of late.

That's why I haven't fixed my exhaust system yet. My GU wakes the neighbourhood up....

nissannewby
18th September 2014, 08:17 PM
That's why I haven't fixed my exhaust system yet. My GU wakes the neighbourhood up....

I have seriously thought about putting 3.0 turbo diesel stickers on the side of my ute. Im also look a gps tracker options.

AB
18th September 2014, 08:28 PM
I have seriously thought about putting 3.0 turbo diesel stickers on the side of my ute. Im also look a gps tracker options.

I think the tracker is a good idea but what do you do if you rarely drive your car as it needs constant power.

I guess just keep the battery on charge...

nissannewby
18th September 2014, 08:31 PM
I think the tracker is a good idea but what do you do if you rarely drive your car as it needs constant power.

I guess just keep the battery on charge...

They dont need a lot of power. But yes keeping the battery charged would help.

I put certain measures into play on one of ours that rarely gets driven and of late I have even thought about chaining the wheel to the diff housing.

NP99
18th September 2014, 08:38 PM
You are north side mate, it's those guys on the south we have to worry about :)

lhurley
18th September 2014, 09:58 PM
They dont need a lot of power. But yes keeping the battery charged would help.

I put certain measures into play on one of ours that rarely gets driven and of late I have even thought about chaining the wheel to the diff housing.

Could just disable it. Pull out the drag link or something like that. Take the gear stick out with it left in neutral. Easy stuff to put back in to drive it, but enough to make it undrivable for undesirables.

Family4x4
18th September 2014, 11:11 PM
I really thought this was more of a problem for people in the city. Farking cockroaches.

Stropp
19th September 2014, 12:19 AM
Yes I worry about mine as it won't fit in the carport as it's too high, the dog makes lots of noise if anyone comes around and I have sensor lights over the car as well but if they want it they will take it no matter what you do :(

Natolpatrol
21st September 2014, 02:31 AM
Iv seen alot of this stuff happening on the facebook discussion groups, such a shame that someone would do that to anothers pride and joy.. Hope he finds it.

Drewboyaus
21st September 2014, 08:03 AM

Many are broken up and sent to the Middle East for sand racing parts........or so the story goes. It's quite a racket I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

NP99
21st September 2014, 10:41 AM
Many are broken up and sent to the Middle East for sand racing parts........or so the story goes. It's quite a racket I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Something customs should be looking at during cargo exit points....

big_fletch
21st September 2014, 02:12 PM
This is one of my mates cars, pretty disappointed about it.. And the previous owner was one of my mates as well. . It's a very tidy rig so I hope he gets it back soon