PDA

View Full Version : maxtrek MUD TRAC tyre

NoRush
17th September 2014, 10:54 AM
anyone running these bad boys and whats your thoughts ?

P4trol
17th September 2014, 02:10 PM
Post a pic and a link... For those who are too lazy to google google, so they can google these tyres.

NoRush
17th September 2014, 03:28 PM
http://www.tyretrader.com.au/maxtrek-28575r16-122s-mud-trac-p748

NoRush
17th September 2014, 03:32 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/09/109.jpg
The new Maxtrek Mud Trac tyre has been successful in autumn's comparison tests conducted by European car magazines. It has achieved test victories in Finland, Sweden and Russia. The unrivalled top tyre of magazine tests has been especially praised for the basic qualities of a good summer and winter tyre: excellent winter grip and pleasant driving response without any surprises.
Features & Benefits:

3-Ply Sidewalls (on selected sizes) with cross ply technology for better handling, increased puncture and tear resistance at the sidewall, and better towing capabilities
Stepped tread blocks for ultimate tread cleaning characteristics
Extra wide footprint for better traction and even wear

Ben-e-boy
17th September 2014, 05:00 PM
Only a 3 ply sidewall on selected sizes? What do the other ones have

nissannewby
17th September 2014, 07:25 PM
They must be good at $170 ea lol.

The experience I have had with tyres is it is normally better to spend the money on known brands both for traction and life. I have had cheaper tyres as at the time they were cost effective however they are usually shot in 50k or less.

The last set of bfg km2's I had did 100k and were still legal.

MudRunnerTD
17th September 2014, 07:37 PM
They look good for the coin but the questions are what is the tread depth at New? How long will they last? How many kms will thy get? If they only get 50,000kms then they are actually an expensive tyre by comparison to what Matt states above.

AB
17th September 2014, 07:47 PM
They must be good at $170 ea lol.

The experience I have had with tyres is it is normally better to spend the money on known brands both for traction and life. I have had cheaper tyres as at the time they were cost effective however they are usually shot in 50k or less.

The last set of bfg km2's I had did 100k and were still legal.

Learnt my lesson first hand...

20,000 Kms and close to throwing them away!!!

Money well spent...

NoRush
18th September 2014, 01:08 PM
sweet as fellas i thought this would be the case but once again i felt the need to ask this question just to make sure
bfg km2s it is !