PDA

View Full Version : GU rear spare wheel LED spotlight install

Limmy
15th September 2014, 07:33 PM
Hi Guys

I want to put a LED spot light on my spare wheel light bracket I purchased on ebay.

How did you guys set it up ? switch in the front ? switch in the back ? wired on reverse ? I have no idea how I want to wire it yet .

thanks

NP99
17th September 2014, 12:37 PM
Not sure on the rules, but remember reading a while back that the switch had to be at the back. Reason so that you didn't accidentally turn it on. Being at the back some dickhead can turn it on and flatten the battery. Someone else might remember the rule changes...

mudski
17th September 2014, 12:49 PM
I have my setup so that when I select reverse it will come on with my reverse lights. Also have wired in a switch on the dash so that I can remotely turn it on, but the reverse lights come on too. No biggie really. I will find the wiring diagram or if Mudrunner see this thread he will post it up surely as he was the one who helped me out with the wiring.

Stropp
17th September 2014, 06:56 PM
yep mines wired into the reverse gear and a switch on the dash to turn it on separately.

mudski
17th September 2014, 08:01 PM
I have a relay fitted in there too but for the life of me can't find the diagram. Give MR a pm. He will have the drawing.

Hodge
17th September 2014, 08:05 PM
Here is Mudunners diagram.

Hodge
17th September 2014, 08:09 PM
And this is what I've done with an On/off/on Switch at the back.