PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Davegu6.5
11th September 2014, 04:17 PM
I have been viewing many of the threads on here and have found so much valuable information on here for years but never actually signed up as a member. Always in a hurry to find what I need and go I guess. I have been a four wheel driver for years and a patrol owner for 15 years. I have done a lot of touring both outback and locally in the vic high country. I am a nationally accredited 4x4 instructor and a back yard mechanic. I blew up my 2001 zd30 last year a week after returning from towing a 2 1/2 ton old 80's caravan up through the west, along the Tanami, the GRR, Mitchell falls, Cape Leveque, and down the west coast to home. Around 25000 km. I have almost completed a 6.5 diesel optimiser (chev) conversion to my GU now and are hopefully days away from engineering and registering it. I have relied on this forum for a large amount of information during the conversion process and have really appreciated the huge amount of experience and knowledge that is on here. I hope that I can maybe share some back over time. Anyway.. Hello to everyone.

Now my first question is where is the best place to tap into my speedo sensor wire to wire in my jaycar speedo adjuster ? I am sure it's grey but I don't want to pull out the cluster or dash if its not needed. I was hoping it can be intercepted under the dash somewhere easy to access. Plan b is to intercept it at the sender and run new wires to the adjuster.

MEGOMONSTER
11th September 2014, 04:20 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

I suggest you post your question in the electrical section of the forum.
As there are a lot of people who don't read introduction section.

Davegu6.5
11th September 2014, 04:22 PM
Thanks.. Will do..

AB
11th September 2014, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Stropp
11th September 2014, 04:29 PM
welcome to the forum mate, sounds like a nice conversion you are doing and i hope it goes well.

growler2058
11th September 2014, 06:18 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

Build thread, Build thread, build thread!!!!

Clunk
11th September 2014, 06:32 PM
Welcome aboard Dave, x2 on what growler said, would love to see a build thread on this conversion if you're able

threedogs
11th September 2014, 06:50 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy

Dhuck
11th September 2014, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
11th September 2014, 09:21 PM
G'day Dave welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
14th September 2014, 09:46 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

fish_sparky
14th September 2014, 04:41 PM
Hi Dave welcome looking forward to here how your 6.5 goes

NoRush
14th September 2014, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the forum dave glad to have another experienced 4wder onboard

Drewboyaus
15th September 2014, 07:26 AM
G'day Dave, welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Mokman
25th September 2014, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, gotta say that is one heck of a conversion ! let us know how it all pans out!

paraterra
10th October 2014, 05:59 AM
welcome to the forum