PDA

View Full Version : Instrument panel problem

Wyldfire
9th September 2014, 02:19 AM
Hi all, my user name is "Wyldfire" and I am new to the forum and just finding my way around so I would appreciate any assistance that anyone may be able to give me.

I have a 2000 GU Patrol wagon which has travelled about 250,000km.

Recently it has developed a problem with the instrument panel in so much as it freezes up at intermittent but sometimes regular intervals.

When driving, the speedo, tacho, temp gauge and petrol gauge will freeze. At times the speedo and tacho will freeze on the speed and engine revs being travelled at the time and other times they will drop to zero. The temp gauge will always return to zero and I assume that the fuel gauge stops working as well but its hard to tell as it just sits on the current fuel level at the time.

Is there anyone who has experienced a similar problem and if so how did you go about solving it?

Is it likely that the problem is associated with the engine management computer as at times the engine light will come on as well although this is not common?

Would appreciate any help I can get.

Cheers

Wyldfire

MEGOMONSTER
9th September 2014, 05:35 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Although I have not had this problem, you also could the vehicle reset, by disconnecting the battery for half an hour and reconnecting.

As this is an introduction thread, it is not read by a lot of users and your question might be missed.
Try posting your question in the electrical section of the forum.
Good luck.

my third 256
9th September 2014, 07:09 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Drewboyaus
9th September 2014, 08:17 AM
G'day mate, welcome to the forum.
Like Mego said mate, best to post your question in the correct forum. You'll get a much better response that way....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

threedogs
9th September 2014, 01:03 PM
welcome mate and X3 with the others post your
question in the electrical section and you'll get a better response

Dhuck
9th September 2014, 07:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
9th September 2014, 09:59 PM
G'day Wyldfire welcome to the forum mate.