PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Maptchil
8th September 2014, 11:59 PM
Hey guys,
I am trying to repair a Patrol with a gauge issue, it's my aunt's, it has 2 fuel tanks the main gauge is always set on full. The switch from the small tank to the big tank doesn't work. I am not sure but i think it's a 2008. Please help me find a wiring diagram.

Stropp
9th September 2014, 01:06 AM
Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Try disconnecting the battery for about half an hour to reset the Computor, if that doesn't work post your question in the electrical section as a lot do not read the intro threads.

Maptchil
9th September 2014, 02:42 AM
Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Try disconnecting the battery for about half an hour to reset the Computor, if that doesn't work post your question in the electrical section as a lot do not read the intro threads.

Thanks Stropp, i will try what you suggest and see what happens.

growler2058
9th September 2014, 05:16 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard

MEGOMONSTER
9th September 2014, 05:28 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
9th September 2014, 06:57 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

my third 256
9th September 2014, 07:07 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen
could also be an eathing problem

threedogs
9th September 2014, 07:46 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the Forum

Drewboyaus
9th September 2014, 08:20 AM
G'day mate, welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Scorpiovee
9th September 2014, 08:40 AM
G'day mate and welcome.

The sub tank will only transfer fuel to the main tank when the main is below half. Generally, if you press the sub tank switch, the light on the switch will come on. If it does, it should start transferring fuel from one to the other. Try it when the main it down to a quarter. If that doesn't work, look at fuses etc. also check that the plug to the transfer pump, make sure the contacts are clean. You'll find the transfer pump under the car, pretty much below the drivers seat.
I will have a wiring schematic for it, it's on disc, just have to fix my computer to access it, then I'll post it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Dhuck
9th September 2014, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
9th September 2014, 09:57 PM
G'day mate welcome to the forum.

Scorpiovee
10th September 2014, 07:59 PM
I have a wiring schematic for the sub tank. PM me your email and I'll email it to you in PDF format