PDA

View Full Version : My head on vehicle crash......

NP99
6th September 2014, 08:07 PM
It's been three years since the accident. I still hate approaching cars and I can almost see a cars wheel geometry from the distance. In this accident the driver of the hippie van was a French tourist, he came off a single lane bridge on to the right hand side as we came around the corner.......

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/driver-trapped-obi-obi-crash/929001/

Family4x4
6th September 2014, 08:17 PM
Nasty how did everyone pull up after the crash? Did you sustain injuries? Did you ever hear from the frenchy driver again?

NP99
6th September 2014, 08:34 PM
We pulled up ok eventually....it still spooks us driving on single lane roads even after three years. Frenchy was not an authorised driver so the insurance dramas looked like being a big problem. We went to visit him in hospital to check on him and spoke through an interpreter. His wife thought they killed me because I was laying flat out on the road.... We just wanted to let them know we held no malice against them....... It's not like he went out of his way to try and kill us. He offered to pay for our damages and promised when he returned to France he would pay. He was old school and we shook hands on it. He paid via international money transfer two weeks later.

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2014, 08:37 PM
Still playing on your mind mate?

NP99
6th September 2014, 08:49 PM
Still playing on your mind mate?

Yeah mate, just gun shy of any on coming traffic.

Family4x4
6th September 2014, 08:55 PM
I had a motorbike accident in 2001 me vs a tree. The tree won I scored a paralysed left arm it was a hard impact. To this day I still don't like watching hard impacts/collision even if its in a movie. It sounds stupid and it never occurred to me that something like that would happen after an accident.

I hope it doesn't play on your mind too much and that you can still enjoy driving.

NP99
6th September 2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks mate, no matter what gets thrown at us in life, someone else has it worse off, you and I are here to write about it....

macca
6th September 2014, 09:16 PM
Thanks for sharing your story guys. I guess you consider yourselves lucky, as you could. As you say there are others worse off.

edit, corrected auto spelling from my phone app, sorry that sounded less than compassionate before.

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2014, 09:18 PM
Yeah mate, just gun shy of any on coming traffic.

Just don't let it screw with ur head 2 much mate

My uncle was involved in a fatality 4 years ago, the car was allegedly drag racing before it collided into his rigid truck. Driver died on impact, passenger died a short time after. Although my uncle only had minor injuries at the time, he has been mentally head farked since. Gave up his business driving a truck and hasn't driven a car since :(

Chris79
7th September 2014, 09:55 AM
I was the same for a little while mate. I had a vehicle cross onto my side of the road while turning right around a harpin bend.
For a while later, I was spooked by tight right hand bends. Always expecting another car to come flying around the corner into us.

All good now and dont really think about it much. Though the accident was about 14 years ago.
Hopefully in time you will be the same.

I have had other less serious accidents since, but they never affected my like the head on.

Parksy
7th September 2014, 10:23 AM
The beauty of the patrol. Take it into the bush and you don't have to worry about anyone but yourself.

megatexture
7th September 2014, 11:12 AM
I'm a bit paranoid of cars pulling out in front after a accident also when I see them looking the other direction and like they are going to pull out I'm ready on the horn and to break swerve etc lol it really annoys me

Mrs Possum
7th September 2014, 02:55 PM
We had a scare last week on our trip wich we still are on.no more visabilty than 150 meters out of the morning mist came 2sets of headlights.hubby didn't even have time to skid.our first view was headlights, then a bullbar then a full view of the side of a semi locked up come at us sideways. All we could do was head bush( which up here is open space)we all avoided a castrophy last week.luckily the 2 4wd towing vans the truck and us got away with one.we are going to take picture of the marks on the way home because at the time we where in disbelief and continued on.i am so happy that it was my hubby driving because we survived something that could have been horrific in the middle of nowhere

NP99
7th September 2014, 03:52 PM
We had a scare last week on our trip wich we still are on.no more visabilty than 150 meters out of the morning mist came 2sets of headlights.hubby didn't even have time to skid.our first view was headlights, then a bullbar then a full view of the side of a semi locked up come at us sideways. All we could do was head bush( which up here is open space)we all avoided a castrophy last week.luckily the 2 4wd towing vans the truck and us got away with one.we are going to take picture of the marks on the way home because at the time we where in disbelief and continued on.i am so happy that it was my hubby driving because we survived something that could have been horrific in the middle of nowhere

That's a good outcome. I think at times we are being looked after....

Avo
7th September 2014, 07:45 PM
believe it or not this is the visabilty that we had when a truck came out of the fog,he was still beside 2 4wd towing vans..in all honesty we should have turned around and got his plate #..but we where thanking our lucky stars and continued our journey..

relyimah
7th September 2014, 07:47 PM
I think at times we are being looked after....

Definitely true today. Brother driving his troopy in the high country... Hate being a passenger at the best of times... Out of control slide backwards down a steep hill... Oh so close to rolling. Feeling very lucky today.

It's always fantastic when everyone comes out at the other end alright...