PDA

View Full Version : SWB SAFARI the gift that keeps on giving

phatmandy
6th September 2014, 05:10 PM
Hey guys,

So I have just got my rebuilt td42 with aftermarket turbo back in my swb safari and so far so good! Running it in with some Penrite running in oil this time instead of the good stuff I used last time and stuffed it all up. So im looking at fitting up a patrol doctor zd30 airbox as the denco kit is a pain in the a$$. So I have seen a factory ZD30 airbox on a 24v safari but not the patrol doctor one so just wondering if it would fit? also got some slightly more road friendly tyres and a wheel alignment. Which reported saying the my king pin angle is 14 degrees one side and 19 degrees the other and the spec is suppose to be round 7??? what the?? got told its no big deal but due to the steering being a little light and leaking swivel seals I am a lil concerned. Many other issues but getting there slowly. here are some pics of her new heart.

phatmandy
7th September 2014, 08:20 AM
Found my print out from wheel alignment are as follows.

total toe +.1mm Camber L. + 00 degrees 07" Caster L. +01 degrees 36" king pin angle L. 14 degrees 16"
partial toe L. + .1mm Camber R. - 00 degrees 08" Caster R. +01 degrees 32" king pin angle R. 19 degrees 29"
partial toe R. +.0mm

I have + 2 degree caster bushes in currently but i think i may need to swap out with 3 degree. not sure what the go is with the camber or the king pin angle?

doka404
7th September 2014, 10:04 AM
seen the thread on the ZD30 airbox too, and would be interested to see whats involved fitting the PatrolDoctor Airbox to a safari..so will be watching this :)

phatmandy
7th September 2014, 05:04 PM
Yea its hard to part with 400 bucks for an air box that may not fit :(. I have a zd30 air box but no bloody lid for it and wreckers wont part with them separate. I also saw one on ebay for nearly the same cost as the hole bloody thing so I guess im stuffed

doka404
8th September 2014, 07:56 AM
I saw those alloy lids on eBay as well and was a little bit startled at the price..guess the safest route is to just use the zd30 box as at least we know they can fit with a bit of work.

phatmandy
8th September 2014, 12:47 PM
Well I already bought the trol docta one so we will see lol.. Or it may go straight up for sale

Stropp
8th September 2014, 07:25 PM
looking good there mate, keep up the pics as you go please.

phatmandy
12th September 2014, 03:21 PM
so got the airbox today and as I thought she anit gonna go with out some chopping here and there so will think about what to do and then do a post of the fit ... if any