PDA

View Full Version : Hey NP99, what is Il dado è tratto

Maxhead
5th September 2014, 06:11 PM
as the title suggests, WTF is this crap in your signature??? We're in Australia mate

AB
5th September 2014, 06:14 PM
Look out ladies krisso on the prowl tonight!!!

Lock up your daughters lock up your wives!!!

MEGOMONSTER
5th September 2014, 06:16 PM
Kris needs some action, run for your lives

Maxhead
5th September 2014, 06:17 PM
Look out ladies krisso on the prowl tonight!!!

No way mate, serious question...just don't know what is it and what it means.
Could be saying this forum sux and Andy sucks cock...LOL

04OFF
5th September 2014, 09:22 PM
this forum sux and Andy sucks cock...LOL

c,mon mate,

No way does the "forum" suck (lol) :biggrin:

AB
5th September 2014, 09:25 PM
c,mon mate,

No way does the "forum" suck (lol) :biggrin:

I used to have a lot of respect for you...lol

04OFF
5th September 2014, 09:28 PM
Bwahaha, you know someone had to say it, may as well get it out of the way now, anyway, apparently there nothing wrong with it in this day and age..........apparently ?

MEGOMONSTER
5th September 2014, 09:39 PM
as the title suggests, WTF is this crap in your signature??? We're in Australia mate

I think it means the point of no return or something like that. But can't be sure.

nissannewby
5th September 2014, 09:43 PM
"The die is cast"

There you go kris.

Clunk
5th September 2014, 09:44 PM
According to Wikipedia........

Alea iacta est ("The die is cast") is a Latin phrase attributed by Suetonius (as iacta alea est ['jakta 'a:lea est]) to Julius Caesar on January 10, 49 BC as he led his army across the River Rubicon in Northern Italy. With this step, he entered Italy at the head of his army in defiance of the Senate and began his long civil war against Pompey and the Optimates. The phrase is still used today in Italy (Il dado è tratto) to mean that events have passed a point of no return, that something inevitably will happen.

Isn't Google a wonderful thing

NP99
5th September 2014, 10:09 PM
According to Wikipedia........

Alea iacta est ("The die is cast") is a Latin phrase attributed by Suetonius (as iacta alea est ['jakta 'a:lea est]) to Julius Caesar on January 10, 49 BC as he led his army across the River Rubicon in Northern Italy. With this step, he entered Italy at the head of his army in defiance of the Senate and began his long civil war against Pompey and the Optimates. The phrase is still used today in Italy (Il dado è tratto) to mean that events have passed a point of no return, that something inevitably will

Isn't Google a wonderful thing

Correct Sir.........

jack
5th September 2014, 11:39 PM
Always a military man hey NP99

Maxhead
6th September 2014, 03:33 AM
According to Wikipedia........ Alea iacta est ("The die is cast") I did that But that's not the same words as Il dado è tratto so wasn't sure and still not...lol

Anyway English would be nice

....on the move

growler2058
6th September 2014, 04:31 AM
I know Latin TellumF@kumm

P4trol
6th September 2014, 08:44 AM
Always a military man hey NP99

Beat me to it!

Clunk
6th September 2014, 01:32 PM
I did that But that's not the same words as Il dado è tratto so wasn't sure and still not...lol

Anyway English would be nice

....on the move

Try reading the rest........................... The phrase is still used today in Italy (Il dado è tratto) to mean that events have passed a point of no return, that something inevitably will happen

Maxhead
6th September 2014, 04:22 PM
Try reading the rest........................... The phrase is still used today in Italy (Il dado è tratto) to mean that events have passed a point of no return, that something inevitably will happen

Thanks Clunky, thought I would have got a bit of an insite as to why NP99 has it in his signiture but I suppose he's too busy posting youtube vids on how to remove stuck bolts with a screwdriver and thanking your posts.
anyway thanks mate

Clunk
6th September 2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks Clunky, thought I would have got a bit of an insite as to why NP99 has it in his signiture but I suppose he's too busy posting youtube vids on how to remove stuck bolts with a screwdriver and thanking your posts.
anyway thanks mate

Ahhhhhhhhhhh now I get ya.......... I'll shhhh now hahahahaha