PDA

View Full Version : Trip suggestions around Toowoomba

molongmick
21st February 2011, 08:13 PM
Hi there, I will be shortly taking a trip to QLd for a wedding, stopping in Toowomba for a few days then across to Brisbane for four days then back home.

Does anyone know a few good simple/easy/hard/challenging/rediculous trips around Toowoomba?

Dhuck
21st February 2011, 08:26 PM
Janowen Hills is near Toowoomba. Never been there but Scotty has and reckons it's not a bad place. I am sure when you come to Brisvegas Scotty and myself could take you to Beerburrum with a few of the other lads from around here. Tony Tim and co

molongmick
21st February 2011, 08:45 PM
That sounds great, unfortunately I've only got a few days in BrisVegas, Tuesday - Saturday (maybe) then travel home Sunday.

Any trip will probably need to be during the week. I am happy to do the easier trips by my lonesome. (company always welcome though)

Dhuck
21st February 2011, 08:51 PM
See how you go mate and give us some dates and see what we can come up with.

molongmick
21st February 2011, 09:35 PM
See how you go mate and give us some dates and see what we can come up with.

Thanks, will be in toowomba 4th to 7th March and Inala from 7th to 12th March, leaving 13th to come back home.

Dhuck
21st February 2011, 09:44 PM
Might have to just make it a few drinks for us. We are all away from the 4th to the 7th at Fairy Land (aka Landcruiser Park). You will see the list of attendees in the Qld Clubs and Events.

Finly Owner
21st February 2011, 10:51 PM
He could slip past though

Bigrig
21st February 2011, 10:55 PM
Hey mate - you definitely have to plan a night with the local boys!!! More than happy for you and family (whatever) to crash here ... plenty of good places - Janowen Hills, Gordon Country, Scenic Rim, Murphys Creek, City View, etc ... but I would actually strongly recommend doing Moreton Island (all sand - no roads) - beautiful place, cold beer, great tracks, cold beer, great scenery, cold beer, top camping, cold beer, fantastic resort, cold beer ... you getting my drift?? LOL

Dhuck
21st February 2011, 11:07 PM
Didn't think there was that many places to buy grog over there

Bigrig
21st February 2011, 11:18 PM
The resort and Kooringal Pub (which is only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday ... yes, I do know the opening times of a remote pub on the very southern tip of Moreton ... did you expect anything less?? LOL). Not to mention what we take in the fridge!!!

molongmick
22nd February 2011, 05:18 PM
Hey mate - you definitely have to plan a night with the local boys!!! More than happy for you and family (whatever) to crash here ... plenty of good places - Janowen Hills, Gordon Country, Scenic Rim, Murphys Creek, City View, etc ... but I would actually strongly recommend doing Moreton Island (all sand - no roads) - beautiful place, cold beer, great tracks, cold beer, great scenery, cold beer, top camping, cold beer, fantastic resort, cold beer ... you getting my drift?? LOL

I've got the accomodation all sorted thanks, I would love to do Morton, but I'm not quite set up for sand yet, my air compressor shat itself and have not yet bought a new one, saving up for a good quality aircompressor. I will try to do trips to Qld, at least once a year from now on, got plenty of free accomodation in the area, AKA relatives.