PDA

View Full Version : Facebook sharing

AB
4th September 2014, 10:05 PM
I know there's a lot of Facebook junkies here so hoping someone can help me... Lol

Am I right in assuming you cannot share a Facebook post to a group or your own Facebook page like my you4wd page if you're using your mobile?

Even using the app or your mobile browser.

If using the Facebook page app you also cannot use that to see your personal account to see posts to share either.

Is that correct?

Woof
4th September 2014, 10:12 PM
Stuffed if I know, have enough trouble even working out how to answer my phone...lol

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2014, 10:22 PM
No I don't think that's right mate. I share on FB from my phone all the time.

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2014, 10:25 PM
Just had another look. I can share general public posts but can't share posts that appear in some groups which would be due to the privacy settings of the group mate I would think.

AB
4th September 2014, 10:25 PM
No I don't think that's right mate. I share on FB from my phone all the time.

You can share so it shows up on your own wall or whatever you call it but I don't think you can share to a particular group or particular page like you4wd, etc.

AB
4th September 2014, 10:27 PM
Just had another look. I can share general public posts but can't share posts that appear in some groups which would be due to the privacy settings of the group mate I would think.

Nah I mean go to your normal news feed.

If you see a video you like you cannot share that to a group or even your own page like you4wd.

You can general share on your wall but that's it I think.

Drewboyaus
4th September 2014, 10:29 PM
You can copy the link mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2014, 10:29 PM
No, if you click share then Share in New Post you can then choose where you want it to go. Choose public or single group.

Drewboyaus
4th September 2014, 10:32 PM

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2014, 10:48 PM
No, if you click share then Share in New Post you can then choose where you want it to go. Choose public or single group.

Just tried it to do screen shots like Drew as mine looks slightly different to his. I can copy link too though. When I choose share to new post then I have a couple of options which include "share to Public" friends only or choose specific friends individually or from a group of friends but I could not choose a group that I am a member of to share with.

If you have your friends grouped based on how you know them then you can choose those groups but not your actual groups? Odd.

P4trol
4th September 2014, 10:55 PM
If it's really juicy gossip, take a screenshot. On my Android phone, the power button and home button pressed together takes a photo of whatever is up on the screen.

Winnie
4th September 2014, 10:58 PM
Guys Andy is trying to share as you4wd, not so it says "Andy has shared this video to you4wd"
He wants people to see, you4wd has shared this video.

Sorry Andy I can't help you at all.

Clunk
4th September 2014, 11:09 PM
As the guys have already said, it all depends on the privacy setting for the groups you are trying to share from. Shouldn't have a problem sharing from open groups. With closed/private groups, you need to tap on the picture or video you want to share but you can only share that to your own page/timeline. If you do that, then you can share to another group............ Hope that makes sense, if not then tuff titties, that's all I've got

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2014, 11:13 PM
Guys Andy is trying to share as you4wd, not so it says "Andy has shared this video to you4wd"
He wants people to see, you4wd has shared this video.

Sorry Andy I can't help you at all.

That should not be his problem. If he is signed in as You4wd then he just needs to share to Public on his timeline as You4wd and the restriction will be from the group he finds the post that will be restricting. If you find it on YouTube Andy you should be ale to share probs.

Winnie
4th September 2014, 11:15 PM
That should not be his problem. If he is signed in as You4wd then he just needs to share to Public on his timeline as You4wd and the restriction will be from the group he finds the post that will be restricting. If you find it on YouTube Andy you should be ale to share probs.
But he can't find the videos when logged in as you4wd because he has found them through his personal news feed.

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2014, 11:18 PM
But he can't find the videos when logged in as you4wd because he has found them through his personal news feed.

Then he can share from his AB profile either on his own time line or to a single friend winch could be You4wd from his friends list then share again from there or Tag you4wd on the clip and then go find it. Maybe? Bloody FB has walls up everywhere

Winnie
4th September 2014, 11:24 PM
Then he can share from his AB profile either on his own time line or to a single friend winch could be You4wd from his friends list then share again from there or Tag you4wd on the clip and then go find it. Maybe? Bloody FB has walls up everywhere
A PITA process however we wanna look at it.

Maxhead
5th September 2014, 06:28 AM
I can't share to a group and have never been able to. Tried to work it out but no luck

Drewboyaus
5th September 2014, 04:15 PM
The only way I've ever been able to do it has been to copy the link and past it to the group.