PDA

View Full Version : New Member with GQ RB30

ausmission
21st February 2011, 07:30 PM
Hi All

New to here and 4x4's. Got a GQ Patrol with an RB30 engine. Currently used as dog transport but looking at going off road so need to some advice as to what to put on it and how to get some more power.

Cheers All

wildgu6
21st February 2011, 07:31 PM
Hey buddy, Welcome aboard,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
post the Q in the mechanical discussion section, you might get a few knowledgible responses.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

AB
21st February 2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, as said above have a look around the forum and ask any questions you have.

Enjoy!

Dhuck
21st February 2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sir Roofy
21st February 2011, 07:55 PM
welcome aboard mate where you from you got a name

Clunk
21st February 2011, 07:57 PM
G'day mate, welcome aboard and enjoy

big_fletch
21st February 2011, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, I'm sure there is some1 on here able to answer your questions.. feel free to join in the convos and post some pics up of your patrol

Fletcha

growler2058
21st February 2011, 07:59 PM
G'day ausmission I'm new hear as well. In my opinion you've made a good choice for entering the 4x4 world. They are a good bunch here have a look around and you'll soon gain the knowledge to sort you rig out for some off road fun and adventure

Finly Owner
21st February 2011, 11:21 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

Dark 1
21st February 2011, 11:32 PM
G'day bud, welcome along.

Maxhead
22nd February 2011, 07:25 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

ausmission
26th February 2011, 08:49 PM
Hey mate, names Stephen and based in Perth. Thing just threw the alternator belt on Thursday so now trying to work out how to replace it .... great start ;-)

YNOT
26th February 2011, 09:05 PM
Replacing the alternator belt is easy but you need to remove the a/c and power steer belts first. Take the oppertunity to replace all 3 belts at the same time.

Have a read of this thread for a cheap way to get more power from the RB30; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2275-rb30&highlight=heater

Tony

Woof
26th February 2011, 09:20 PM
Welcome Stephen. enjoy the forum and your new toy mate.
I see that you are located in Perth, check this club out mate, a lot of friendly members that will help you out the same as here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?73-Western-Patrol-Club-Inc

DX grunt
26th February 2011, 10:24 PM
G'day Stephen.

We welcome another Sandgroper to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Bigrig
27th February 2011, 09:22 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here, so don't be shy and join in to make the most of it!!!

nowoolies
27th February 2011, 11:19 AM
g`day ausmission
welcome on board heaps of laughs and bucket loads of infor here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul

ausmission
6th March 2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks Tony, just poster a question in the DIY section 'cause I'm having real troubles with the air con. belt, loosened the idler pulley but still getting no where. Anyway, thanks for all the info, already been helpful if I ever get the belts sorted out I'll have a go at the matric heater ....

Cheers
Stephen

ausmission
6th March 2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks mate, I'll look them up.

DX grunt
6th March 2011, 11:01 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum.

It'd be great to see a pic or two of your truck when you get time. Where do you live?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

ausmission
7th March 2011, 12:51 AM
Hey Mate

Live in North Perth.

Stephen

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:38 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul