PDA

View Full Version : Differences Between 05 GU Patrol Ute and 06?

Rcasp77
2nd September 2014, 05:30 PM
Hi guys, first post.
Just wondering if there are any differences between the 05 and 06 GU patrol utes? If so what are they?
Looking at an 05 Model with 180,000 on it. Was originally going for an 06 but can't seem to find any coil cabs with low kms under $30k

Cheers
Ryan

MudRunnerTD
2nd September 2014, 05:40 PM
Hey mate, please head over to the Introduction section and post an intro thanks bud, we like folks to say G'day please bud

Regarding your question the ute can be a year or so behind the wagon in shape change. Check that you are comparing the Currant front end shape of the wagon with the previous Shape. Chrome Gille, big flares. Much nicer interior.

You are on the cusp, find the later model if you can.

nissannewby
2nd September 2014, 06:53 PM
Between an 05 and 06 ute probably the main difference will be airbags. Other than that they are practically the same.

macca
2nd September 2014, 07:15 PM
If its a 4.2ltr your looking at, 06 was the last model with that engine. After that its a 3.0ltr if you want diesel.
If you are looking at a 4.2ltr diesel the 05 has electronics on the injector pump only.
The 06 has air bags which I didn't want in mine so the 05 it was.
There is some electronics? in the reserve tank transfer system, aside from the radio they are pretty simple as far as that stuff goes.
No central locking or electric window or mirrors, fairly primitive but hopefully not a liability in the outback.
The 3.0ltr is a totally different story, but I don't know enough to be able to tell it!

89gqpatrol4x4
2nd September 2014, 07:25 PM
one year!!!!

nissannewby
2nd September 2014, 07:41 PM
I have central locking and electric windows which was standard on st utes.

DX grunt
2nd September 2014, 08:29 PM
If you are looking at a 4.2ltr diesel the 05 has electronics on the injector pump only.
The 06 has air bags which I didn't want in mine so the 05 it was.
There is some electronics? in the reserve tank transfer system, aside from the radio they are pretty simple as far as that stuff goes.
No central locking or electric window or mirrors, fairly primitive but hopefully not a liability in the outback.

Wash your mouth out, Macca. "fairly primitive". LOL

It also doesn't come with carpet or a dashboard dimmer switch.

I love my 2005, 4.2 TDi DX ute.

Edit: Mine's a DX ute.

macca
2nd September 2014, 08:30 PM
I have central locking and electric windows which was standard on st utes.

Interesting, a mates ST must be the sticker on the door. He was complaining about lack of features over my DX. He won't be happy if that's the case I'm not telling him LOL until he said that I thought they had features like yours. Learning every day

nissannewby
2nd September 2014, 08:36 PM

I love my 2005, 4.2 TDi ute.

My 04 ST came with carpet, power windows, central locking and over head map lights with sunglass holder.

I have not driven an ST ute earlier than 03 though which is when the intercooled TD42Ti came about so it is possible st utes earlier than that did not have some of the features the later ones do.

macca
3rd September 2014, 08:49 AM

I love my 2005, 4.2 TDi DX ute.

Edit: Mine's a DX ute.

I'm with you Rosco, wouldn't have any thing else.

Is Bourbon considered OK for washing my mouth out?

Basic, primitive, feral, whatever... I'm happy to wear it LOL

Wizard52
8th September 2014, 11:53 AM
My April 06 plated DX coil cab does not have air bags and dash lights dimmer but the poverty pack did include vinyl floors and uncomfortable passenger bench seat. I think the air bags went in very late 06 if at all because the 4.2's were still sold well into 07 but with 06 plate.

DX grunt
8th September 2014, 04:04 PM
My April 06 plated DX coil cab does not have air bags and dash lights dimmer but the poverty pack did include vinyl floors and uncomfortable passenger bench seat. I think the air bags went in very late 06 if at all because the 4.2's were still sold well into 07 but with 06 plate.

With all due respect.....I hate the word....'poverty pack'.

I love my DX.....less to go wrong with no electrics, and no smelly carpets to worry about.

Back me up Macca. lol

macca
8th September 2014, 07:16 PM

I love my DX.....less to go wrong with no electrics, and no smelly carpets to worry about.

Back me up Macca. lol

Mate I reckon we are the most spoilt 4WD owners on the planet. To own a Ute like yours and mine is a privilege that is only available to a few so we must be poles apart from these poverty pack claims. Yes I have modded it to my liking but it's still flash to me.

93patrol
8th September 2014, 09:23 PM
Carpets and electric windows are great but in all honesty I would rather have vinyl flooring and the old window winders any day. At least you know you can hose out the interior or at least wash it stil in the cab and the windows will ALWAYS work.

nissannewby
8th September 2014, 09:42 PM
I will concur with you guys on the floor option I took the carpet out of mine in favour of vinyl.

I have just clocked 330k on mine and have not had an issue with my electric windows or central locking. They are generally pretty reliable.

Cuppa
8th September 2014, 10:15 PM
I think mine was first registered in August or September ’06. Like Wizard - no airbags or dash dimmer switch.
Tbh - I’,m still not sure which GU model it is. Seems the utes crossed over year boundaries.

Pic - the day I brought it home

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49062&stc=1

Wizard52
11th September 2014, 10:37 AM

Back me up Macca. lol

Agree completely. As I do a lot of beach work, the last thing I need is carpets and more electrics to play up

ps sent from beach about 7 klm north of Waddy Point

Cuppa
11th September 2014, 11:20 AM
All this talk of vinyl being better than carpet makes me wonder if those with the vinyl have ever got it wet? Certainly for everyday use with wet or muddy boots it works well & makes a lot of sense, but take it from me when it gets wet it is just as bad, if not worse than carpet. It stinks & is very difficult to dry out. The vinyl is backed with a thick kind of under felt which absorbs water like a sponge & then the vinyl on top of it prevents it from drying out. When mine was wet & smelly the only way to dry it was to remove the seats & the entire floor covering, & even then it took close to a couple of weeks hung up in summer weather to dry properly.

Don’t get me wrong, I would still choose to have the vinyl floor covering, but if I thought it likely I might be taking the vehicle through deep water or mud on a regular basis I think I’d remove it & put in some marine carpet & put up with the noisier environment.

threedogs
11th September 2014, 11:23 AM
Wouldn't the mud feel like marbles under your feet??
I was going to fit those Sandgrabber inserts , but decided a set of high walled rubber mats would be better.
You would need to fit a floor bung if consistently drowning the cabin

@ Cuppa I see you have mesh to stop insects etc does it affect your hwy temps as ARB used to deter selling them to turboed vehicles
FYI the front of yours is the same as my 04

Cuppa
11th September 2014, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I have high walled rubber mats too.

Never had a problem with hwy temps.

What is an ’04 ? a GU3?

Scorpiovee
11th September 2014, 09:02 PM
Hi guys. Mine is the 06 model. DX wagon, wash out truck. I've taken the flooring out, removed the sponge crap off the back and sprayed Lizardskin sound dampening to the inside. Gets wet, dries out, no smell :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Grumpy
12th September 2014, 05:33 PM
G'day folks. Mine is an '12/06' built TD42Ti ST, and I presume one of the last to come to Oz. It still doesn't have a dimmer for the dash lights, but does have carpets, dual airbags, power windows, central locking (key only), map lights with sunglass holder, and looks just like Cuppa's. I don't mind the carpets as I have vinyl mats on top that seem to do ok.

A mates '04 model seems the same except it only has a drivers airbag.