PDA

View Full Version : Leaves in Heater A/C Blower

deepsea74
30th August 2014, 10:38 PM
Hi guys any one ever had this issue. Any tips for getting the blower out and stopping it from happening in the future.
2004 TD42 5 Speed Manual.

BigRAWesty
31st August 2014, 01:47 PM
Well in the gq it's a full dash removal unfortunately.
Not sure how easy a gu dash is to pull out?? The gq is a dozen bolts, remove the steering wheel and disconnect electrical gear..

So once your done.. I'm doing this this time around..
Simply lay some pet proof fly screen over the blower inlet and sandwich it between the blower case and body..
A bit of silicone if you deem it necessary but I think the gq one will be fine..

mudnut
31st August 2014, 01:57 PM
Sorry to step on your toes, Kallen, but in a Q, you can drop the fan by undoing three bolts and undoing the connector. A vacuum can be used to get most of the junk out. I did take the glovebox and the outer fan housing out, the first week I had the car, to place a stainless steel mesh over the inlet, with some smaller stainless fly wire on top. It is the mesh used by leaf eaters and it won't sag. It is a good idea to drop the outer housing and clean the air conditioner fins as well.

Parksy
31st August 2014, 01:58 PM
Yep easy to remove the blower from a GQ, like mentioned above. Removing the glove box also helps and you've got all the access you need.

BigRAWesty
31st August 2014, 02:03 PM
There ya go lol..

Easy enough nit to worry about the mesh..

mudnut
31st August 2014, 02:25 PM
After the last outing with my club, I was choking from the dust, so I am now thinking about installing some of the universal filter sheet, used in bagged vacuums. It would be easy to have it sandwiched between two pieces of mesh, cable tied together.

kevin07
1st September 2014, 08:53 AM
Sorry to step on your toes, Kallen, but in a Q, you can drop the fan by undoing three bolts and undoing the connector. A vacuum can be used to get most of the junk out. I did take the glovebox and the outer fan housing out, the first week I had the car, to place a stainless steel mesh over the inlet, with some smaller stainless fly wire on top. It is the mesh used by leaf eaters and it won't sag. It is a good idea to drop the outer housing and clean the air conditioner fins as well.

ah bloody hell that was a lot of wasted time and effort kallen must admit I just had a chuckle but if it was me who took the dash out id be crying about now.

BigRAWesty
1st September 2014, 07:11 PM
ah bloody hell that was a lot of wasted time and effort kallen must admit I just had a chuckle but if it was me who took the dash out id be crying about now.

Na dash was out due to insulation aswell so no loss there. Lol
Tbh I didn't see any bolts under the unit.. But yea I know now for next time to..