PDA

View Full Version : Who lives near quackers hill ??

threedogs
29th August 2014, 04:03 PM
Hi all after someone other than "crazyenough" that has mechanical skills.
I've sent up a set of front recovery points and it seems they changed the bolt size on the later chassis.
I sent up a 2nd set but the Laser cutter forgot to include the new measurements.
Long story short need someone to file or die grind the holes out 1mm to suit the later chassis.
ATM the holes are 13mm they need to be 14mm clearance.

NissanGQ4.2
29th August 2014, 04:19 PM
Where's Quackers Hill? Is that anywhere new Quakers Hill?

I'm about 40 mins away but I have no mechanical skills, don't even actually own a power drill.......how sad's that.

Couldn't any local engineering workshop do it? Wouldn't cost much 2 get done

threedogs
29th August 2014, 06:18 PM
My bad, but yeah Quakers hill,
a decent rat tail file would do the trick

Waza
29th August 2014, 06:28 PM
I'm in Dural & moved here from Rouse Hill. There are a few fabricators & engineering shops in Rivetstone mate. Is it the hole diameters or hole centers that are wrong ?

Cheers

Waz

my third 256
29th August 2014, 09:11 PM
hey threedogs that happened to mine also when i got them from you and only took a minute to file out with a rat tail file
cant the chap do it himself

rkinsey
30th August 2014, 02:04 AM
Hi all after someone other than "crazyenough" that has mechanical skills.
I've sent up a set of front recovery points and it seems they changed the bolt size on the later chassis.
I sent up a 2nd set but the Laser cutter forgot to include the new measurements.
Long story short need someone to file or die grind the holes out 1mm to suit the later chassis.
ATM the holes are 13mm they need to be 14mm clearance.

G'day TD,

I am in Minchinbury which is about 20 mins away. I'm happy for your customer to come over to my place and I can file out the holes for you if you like.

I've sent you a PM

Cheers,

Rob

NP99
30th August 2014, 09:34 AM
G'day TD,

I am in Minchinbury which is about 20 mins away. I'm happy for your customer to come over to my place and I can file out the holes for you if you like.

I've sent you a PM

Cheers,

Rob

That's what I like about this place :)

rkinsey
30th August 2014, 05:55 PM
Well, I figure that I have learnt so much, and will probably learn a lot more, from this forum that it doesn't hurt to give back from time to time.

I have always said that if you are in a position where you can help, then offer to do so.

Cheers,

Rob

rkinsey
22nd September 2014, 12:13 PM
All finished and the recovery point holes are now large enough to accommodate the 14mm bolts. (and they fit too....!)

Customer picked them up from me yesterday.

Just PMed you threedogs.

Cheers,

Rob

threedogs
22nd September 2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks heaps , Nissan must have changed to bolt size around 08-09,
anyway alls good and all new stock has been cut to fit the 14mm bolts.
again thank you