PDA

View Full Version : No power to head light fuse

elmo4eva
27th August 2014, 05:00 PM
Hey ppl just wondering if anyone has occured this with no power going to the head light fueses can any one help me out with it plz

mudnut
28th August 2014, 12:17 AM
I just looked at the GQ wiring diagram, and it says that the terminal at the top of the fuse holder is "hot at all times" so there should be voltage present if the battery is connected. You might have to undo the fuse block and check that the wire is connected properly. If it is ok, then trace the wire back to the battery, making sure all connectors are pushed together tightly. Sorry, I can't find a diagram with the wire colour.

scubasteve
28th August 2014, 01:28 PM
Im currently dealing with my indicators doing the same thing. I have 12v leading into the fuse bix but not at the fuse. Whilst I havent had it confirmed yet I have a feeling the internals of the fuse block may have shit themselves and there is a break somewhere internally. Im in the process of getting it looked at while im away for work so I can update with what gets found in mine

First Nissan
29th August 2014, 09:40 PM
I think there should be a fusible link under the bonnet. My wiring diagram shows a white wire in from the battery and red wire out to the headlights.

Yendor
30th August 2014, 07:22 PM
Start by checking the main fusible link for the headlights out near the battery. If this is not blown or corroded then remove the internal fuse box and check the large red wire has power that goes to the headlight fuses.

Did you end up fitting relays to the headlights?

elmo4eva
31st August 2014, 09:12 AM
No I have no clue of connecting relays to the headlights I need help with that I need someone to show me the wiring diagram to do it

Yendor
31st August 2014, 11:34 AM
I think the best way for you is to buy a plug and play harness.

This won't fix your problem if you don't have power at the fuses.

elmo4eva
31st August 2014, 06:52 PM
Found the problem the main wire at the battery for the headlights was fuked the plug was corroded and the wire was fuked
Thanks for every ones help