PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Maccajack
26th August 2014, 11:17 PM
Got registered to retrieve the best advice on how to make my recently purchased 04 4.2td wagon more fuel efficient. It has a 3in exhaust, snorkel but can't seem to get more than 550 Kay's or so out of a main tank. I've changed the way I drive but still the occasional plume of black smoke. I'm sure the previous owner wound up the injection pump to tow a van. Can anyone give some sound advice to a novice to the 4.2td.

MEGOMONSTER
27th August 2014, 05:55 AM
Got registered to retrieve the best advice on how to make my recently purchased 04 4.2td wagon more fuel efficient. It has a 3in exhaust, snorkel but can't seem to get more than 550 Kay's or so out of a main tank. I've changed the way I drive but still the occasional plume of black smoke. I'm sure the previous owner wound up the injection pump to tow a van. Can anyone give some sound advice to a novice to the 4.2td.

What size tyres are you running.
What accessories are on the the car, roof rack, bullbar. Etc.
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
27th August 2014, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

JoeG
27th August 2014, 06:55 AM
Hi Your in the right place to get the info good luck
Joe

Dhuck
27th August 2014, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
27th August 2014, 12:06 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy

Stropp
27th August 2014, 02:48 PM
hi mate and welcome to the forum, you are better of asking the question in the mechanical section of the forum as not everyone reads the intros. my patrol is no better than yours but i have my pump wound up and tuned with a bigger turbo so i cant give you advise on how to get better fuel economy.

NissanGQ4.2
27th August 2014, 03:07 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Maccajack

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out when they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

growler2058
27th August 2014, 07:04 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

Sherro
27th August 2014, 08:50 PM
G'day MaccaJack welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
28th August 2014, 08:39 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen