PDA

View Full Version : 2013 3.0ltr patrol wagon using oil

patrolbug
25th August 2014, 03:09 PM
Hi I'm new to this although I have owned Patrols since 2001. My 2013 3.0ltr patrol has started using oil. I first noticed it at 18k and it took just over a litre to top up. Had 20k service by Nissan recently and prior to changing oil it was checked and was down by about 100ml. The motor is running nicely. Nisssan dealership are monitoring. I recently heard a 2013 Patrol ute was doing the same. Never had this problem in the last two Patrols. Anyone else heard of this issue?

Col.T
26th August 2014, 07:34 PM
G'day Bugman
haven't heard of this as a general problem. Did you buy this one new?
I'd be keaping a real good check on it as if this is happening at that low K's, I'd hate to think where it's headed over 200 or 400 or more.
By the way, give us an intro on the intro page and maybe a few details under your profile. Let's us know who you be
Regards,
Col.

patrolbug
27th August 2014, 04:21 PM
You're right, I am concerned for the future Col. I bought it new. Had planned on some tripping

Col.T
27th August 2014, 07:29 PM
Buggy,
should be good for anything you planned but I reckon you have to keep on it as oil use at new is, IMO, not good or acceptable.
Under warranty is not going to be easy for a fight if you do have a problem but you've not got an option, I reckon.
I'm hoping you haven't flogged the crap out of it during the running in period which in my conservative opinion would be about 20K.
Mine's done about 170K with no oil use and the old GQ 4.2D at 400+K didn't either.
Luck,
Col.