PDA

View Full Version : Power to uhf

Avo
23rd August 2014, 12:25 PM
hi peoples..i have installed a uhf in the gu,pulled the centre console to bits and found the power wire to the cigarette lighter..key on power key off no power....the problem is the uhf is not powering up...not the weay I wanted to start my weekend..

Stropp
23rd August 2014, 12:26 PM
check your fuse?

Avo
23rd August 2014, 12:28 PM
yup,and changed it just in case

DX grunt
23rd August 2014, 12:31 PM
I'm still recovering from MAN flu, so correct me if I'm wrong..... lol

Cig lighter only runs on accessories/ignition on and not when power is totally turned off.

Have you considered wiring it up directly to the battery (with fuse)?

Rossco

oncedisturbed
23rd August 2014, 12:47 PM
Agree with Rossco, heaps easier to wire it direct then you can have it if needs be without the car on

TPC
23rd August 2014, 12:54 PM
Agree with the others, go straight to the battery with fuse close to the battery on positive and negative to an earth point on the body.

Call past my place and I will wire it for you.

Avo
23rd August 2014, 12:56 PM
wires are not long enough to reach battery,can't be bothered roueting wires that far either to be honest...cut wires off after soldering then on this morning,connected to battery and the fnn thing works....go back over all my work,,it was the paint where I had earthed it out...so it was not earthed properly....dagnamit boy....so back to installing it for the second time,but this time I am just going to hook it up to the fuse box stuff it all..

thanks for your answers guys..