PDA

View Full Version : introduction evenken

evenken
20th August 2014, 11:16 PM
hi people I have brought 2003 3ltr patrol. I now hear that it is a bomb waiting to go off. however I, in my vivid imagination had the idea that I would tow my 24foot caravan with ease being what I had been told about patrols again being the best and most rugged trucks, so onward into the valley of death. my intercooler was leaking so I replaced it, installed a dawes valve blocked the egr valve installed boost gauge and found I then had 6 psi of boost down from the original 12 psi at this stage I"m red in the face sweating eyes wild and evil thoughts going throughmy mind, buying back my 80 series however my wife came into the garage with a stubie.
and calm prevailed, however this being an introduction Ilive on the mid north coast and am 77 years old and need all the help I can get
thats it friends signing off evenken

MEGOMONSTER
20th August 2014, 11:22 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Avo
21st August 2014, 12:19 AM
welcome mate,sound like you've got trouble..there was someone the other day saying something about boost being only 6psi...now don't take this as gospel and ask others but it was something to do with an air leak..if you have just replace intercooler and played with a few hoses just make sure everything is air tight mate..check for airleaks.wack a quick question up in the mechanical section,you'll get answers there hopefully.

Stropp
21st August 2014, 12:41 AM
Welcome to the forum mate as has been said post your boost question in the mechanical section as a lot do not look at the intros.

Clunk
21st August 2014, 01:20 AM
Welcome aboard mate.....there's a few guys here who are clued up on the ZD30s, Dawes valves etc. As Stropp has already said, not everyone reads the intros, so if you can't find the info you're looking for, either pop up a question in the appropriate section and ask away, or maybe shoot a pm to mudski, he may well be able to assist

AB
21st August 2014, 06:34 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

growler2058
21st August 2014, 06:51 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard

Dhuck
21st August 2014, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
21st August 2014, 09:25 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Sherro
21st August 2014, 03:41 PM
G'day evenken welcome to the forum mate.

evenken
21st August 2014, 08:51 PM
thank you for your thoughts I will now sit down and have a stubie

bigredbarron
22nd August 2014, 12:09 AM
welcome, sounds like your on the right forum for help