PDA

View Full Version : turbo boost problem 3ltr patrol

evenken
19th August 2014, 12:45 AM
hi I blocked the egr off put a dawes valve in and a boost gauge also a intercooler as the other one had a leak since doing this I have only got 6 pound of boost I have blocked the dawes valve off and still only the 6 pound I have ajusted the waste gate to no avail I had plenty of boost before I did this modification if anyone can help it would be appreciated
evenken

MEGOMONSTER
19th August 2014, 05:48 AM
You've checked all your plumbing, no leaks.

kevin07
19th August 2014, 08:43 AM
try opening the dawes its seems like the only thing possible with what you have explained

Sir Roofy
19th August 2014, 09:09 AM
open the dawes slowly to get what you want
this can be done on the run as you adjust it

mudski
19th August 2014, 09:32 AM
How did you adjust the VNT (wastegate)?

threedogs
19th August 2014, 10:07 AM
You don't have a waste gate, if you cant achieve the correct
boost setting you may need to stretch the spring slightly
or insert s/s washers as its difficult to "UN" stretch the spring

Have you run out of adjustment of the Dawes??

mudski
19th August 2014, 11:43 AM
He's got the dawes blocked off somehow John. So somethings amiss here. The vacuum side of the Dawes is not hooked up right or he still has a boost leak somewhere I think. Theres not a lot too these valves, screw them in for more boost and out for less. If he's played around with the VNT screw and not really knowing what to do, this could be the root of his issues too. Thats why its easier to use a needle valve. As its can be quite difficult to get the VNT screw back to where it originally was.
Plus all the Dawes now use heavier springs so there is no need for stretching the spring or small washers.